Science Friction's "What/Who the Hell Is It " History Game

Science Friction

I know many of you, like me, are history buffs. I love history, regardless of era. Old books, newspapers, coins, any kind of relic that has historical significance, fascinates me.

In this thread, I will provide you with an image and I want you to try to identify what or who the item(s) or person(s) are in the picture. I some cases, the picture itself may hold clues but in other cases, you may just have to look at the object or person and try to tie it to some event in history.

I'll start with a couple of them to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. The first person with the correct answer gets the points. No shortcuts, please. It's just a game, not a lottery. :)

For 5 pts , here's the first item:

filing_M.jpg

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol2: I knew some smart aleck was gonna go that route. j/k . That was funny, btw. If you could be just a little more specific, I'll bestow the 5 pts on you. :)

Vertical? Is that the additional info? That the only other more specific thing that could be of consequence.

Just saw spindoc's description. If that is the answer, give him the points.

And, if that is the specificity you are looking for in these pics, the thread got dramatically more interesting.