Mom of 2 pees in cup on United Airlines Flight

Wireman

Where does anything substantiate that "United Airlines Forces Mom to Urinate in Cup..."? That was her choice, and she was making a point. I wonder how many drinks she had.

Over my career, I flew over a million miles, and after some point, preparing for flights, nutrition, drink, rest, luggage, etc. becomes second nature. The other thing that becomes second nature is doing what the flight attendants ask without question or hesitation. One could always tell the "infrequent" flyers because they thought their ticket to the plane entitled them to first class, specialized, rules-don't- apply-to-me treatment in so many cases.

Let's just give this lady a pile of money.

Where does anything substantiate that "United Airlines Forces Mom to Urinate in Cup..."? That was her choice, and she was making a point. I wonder how many drinks she had.

Over my career, I flew over a million miles, and after some point, preparing for flights, nutrition, drink, rest, luggage, etc. becomes second nature. The other thing that becomes second nature is doing what the flight attendants ask without question or hesitation. One could always tell the "infrequent" flyers because they thought their ticket to the plane entitled them to first class, specialized, rules-don't- apply-to-me treatment in so many cases.

Let's just give this lady a pile of money.

When you have to go, you have to go.

Nobody forced her to pee in a cup; she chose to go that route. Did she let United know ahead of time that she had a medical issue? Probably not.

Per their website:

United is dedicated to providing convenient and comfortable service to all of our customers. The following information is provided to assist customers with a disability in planning a trip with us. Every person with a disability is different, and you are the best judge of the service you require. If we're doing more or less than you need, please communicate your preferred level of assistance to our employees.

In addition to requesting special assistance when making your reservation, please let our airport employees and inflight crew members know of your special needs during your travel. Friendly reminders to our employees are always appreciated and will help us place a face with a request for assistance.

United recommends all passengers travel with essential medications in a carry-on bag that can be placed beneath the seat in front of the customer for quick access if needed.

I am a very experienced flyer. Once when flying, I had to go (no alcohol involved). We were approaching landing and were told to stay in our seats. I thought I could wait, but we had to circle for awhile, when we finally started to descend, I knew I wasn't going to make it. My panicked look and repeated I'm sorries as I ran down the aisle, probably kept me from getting in trouble. I was seated in the restroom upon landing. I was not going to go in my seat. The flight attendants were not happy, but did not make an issue of it.

Sometimes there are these emergencies, especially in those of us who have had children. I knew I was risking my saftey, and that was on me.

Guess it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission sometimes.

Catching a united foightbhome from Cozumel via Cancun in 3 hours , I think I'll pee in the aisle , curse out the pilot , not follow any directive , stand on my seat and moon the people behind me , chant " make America great again " then sue them for harassing me

I am a very experienced flyer. Once when flying, I had to go (no alcohol involved). We were approaching landing and were told to stay in our seats. I thought I could wait, but we had to circle for awhile, when we finally started to descend, I knew I wasn't going to make it. My panicked look and repeated I'm sorries as I ran down the aisle, probably kept me from getting in trouble. I was seated in the restroom upon landing. I was not going to go in my seat. The flight attendants were not happy, but did not make an issue of it.

Sometimes there are these emergencies, especially in those of us who have had children. I knew I was risking my saftey, and that was on me.

Guess it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission sometimes.

I agree. Not everyone understands and more power to them. When it hits you, you can't hold it for ten minutes. At some point it becomes "now" and it's going to happen, one way or the other.