KHSAA 2017 Baseball Stat Leaders

Adell with 21 HRs and the next guy has 8. Yikes! Glad UofL has him on the way.

Anyone seen Sharp at East Carter? Is he getting a "good pencil" in the scorebook or is he facing awful competition or is he a stud (or some combination of all 3)? I just think even great hitters would have a tough time going 7/10 over 90 plate appearances off a BP pitcher.

Adell with 21 HRs and the next guy has 8. Yikes! Glad UofL has him on the way.

Anyone seen Sharp at East Carter? Is he getting a "good pencil" in the scorebook or is he facing awful competition or is he a stud (or some combination of all 3)? I just think even great hitters would have a tough time going 7/10 over 90 plate appearances off a BP pitcher.

Ballard has 3 of the top 4 home run hitters in the state. Louisville will never see Adell. I heard he was projected in the top 15 the MLB draft. Big money.

Ballard has 3 of the top 4 home run hitters in the state. Louisville will never see Adell. I heard he was projected in the top 15 the MLB draft. Big money.

Not knowing Ballard's home field, are the fences easily reachable or do they have one heck of a Batting Coach? If it's the Coach, I would be scouting him.

Heard there were 20 MLB scouts at a recent game.

Right field is really short.... maybe 290-300. Center and left are normal.

Thanks, Cord. Are these sultans of swat lefties, I wonder? What is BW's left field porch otherwise known as the Brick Red Monster?

It is very easy to pad stats in high school, especially if you are trying to get a kid noticed. It wouldn't be hard to turn a "fielders choice" into a "hit," or an "error" into a hit as well. The downside when you do crap like this is it screws future players when it comes to being recruited. Once a college coach shows up and finds out all those stats are very inflated, he's likely going to mark that school off of his list to recruit from.

It is very easy to pad stats in high school, especially if you are trying to get a kid noticed. It wouldn't be hard to turn a "fielders choice" into a "hit," or an "error" into a hit as well. The downside when you do crap like this is it screws future players when it comes to being recruited. Once a college coach shows up and finds out all those stats are very inflated, he's likely going to mark that school off of his list to recruit from.

Yeah, unless the opposing team calls a coach out, they can record anything. Also, since baseball stats are in it's infancy, there are still several teams that do not submit.... even though I thinks its mandatory this year.

I was told that it was 280 to the base of the wall and about 70 feet tall.

Thanks Cord. Fenway is 310 and 37 feet tall in comparison. Are you sure about the 70 foot height at BW? A story is app. 10 feet and that would make the BW wall 7 stories high.

Thanks Cord. Fenway is 310 and 37 feet tall in comparison. Are you sure about the 70 foot height at BW? A story is app. 10 feet and that would make the BW wall 7 stories high.

Just guessing. That sounds wrong now. lol. I'll figure it out and get back with you.