Girls Sweet 16 to Rupp Arena

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a little more of the history and tradition back into it.....I know this will start a "discussion" and I won't take part in it. WKU was the perfect place for it and when it left, it almost seemed like it turned into just another tournament. I am from Louisville , so save the homer thoughts and responses. Stated my feeling on it and will read anyone else's that cares to chime in.

Mixed in with the boys or a separate week?

At the state AD's meeting a couple of weeks ago, Julian Tackett said (if approved) it would be during separate weeks. I suspect their desire is for the boys tournament will be the last week of the college regular season and the girls tournament would be during the men's SEC tournament.

Put a little more of the history and tradition back into it.....I know this will start a "discussion" and I won't take part in it. WKU was the perfect place for it and when it left, it almost seemed like it turned into just another tournament. I am from Louisville , so save the homer thoughts and responses. Stated my feeling on it and will read anyone else's that cares to chime in.

I assume you didn't like NKU? What didn't you like?

I guess I do not understand what this vague statement means?

Interesting factoid: Girls state tournament hasn't been played in Lexington since Woodburn beat Paintsville at Alumni Gym in 1932. That was the last year for girls basketball until 1975. Since girls basketball was reintroduced, finals have been played in Bowling Green (22 times), Richmond (13), Frankfort (6), and Highland Heights (2).

Attendance has been pretty strong at Northern, maybe even more than was expected. I don't think it needs a boost at all; it does need a home that truly wants it.

2016 was the 5th highest attendance all-time for the girls and I was told the attendance at this year's tourney was higher than last year's.