Doss hires new boys basketball coach

I wonder what took so long. Didn't this open right at the end of the season?

Availability of teaching jobs may be part of the reason. Based on past history, however, it is fairly common for basketball jobs to be filled around this time of year.

Coaches have been waiting on the Ballard job to open. I personally don't think it will.

I agree. With the new prep school moving in here, Renner's plans to start one (worst kept secret in Louisville) may have got derailed.

I think you could argue that a prep school moving in could be a good thing for plans that had been in the works. That was an existing prep school so it did not take any of the funding or people who were kicking about a new prep school idea. Having one in town actually helps because now you have two for the price of one when other prep schools travel to town. Most areas in the country that have a strong prep presence benefit from having multiple schools in close proximity. You do not want a prep school to be on an island where travel to play them is expensive. Now you can play both when you come to Louisville.

Besides, the prep school coming into town or a new one being formed are not going to be fighting over Louisville kids. To be successful there may be as few a only a couple kids from Louisville or KY on their roster. THe roster will be full of out of state kids with the hopes of those kids being Top 50 kids in the country.