Thomas Nelson 2017

Ram

• 2 months later...

I have a question regarding Thomas Nelson's schedule. Compiling my master schedule at home, it appears that all five teams in Class 3A - District 3 have posted full schedules. Thomas Nelson, however, is showing games with both Central and Elizabethtown on October 20. Obviously Central is a district game and must be played, but I can't figure out any other possible dates for their game with E-town. I'm guessing there is a mistake here on someone's part, but I can't figure it out.

@Jim Schue, do you have a Thomas Nelson schedule on hand? Maybe @Nathaniel Bryan has some insight? Thanks.

I have a question regarding Thomas Nelson's schedule. Compiling my master schedule at home, it appears that all five teams in Class 3A - District 3 have posted full schedules. Thomas Nelson, however, is showing games with both Central and Elizabethtown on October 20. Obviously Central is a district game and must be played, but I can't figure out any other possible dates for their game with E-town. I'm guessing there is a mistake here on someone's part, but I can't figure it out.

@Jim Schue, do you have a Thomas Nelson schedule on hand? Maybe @Nathaniel Bryan has some insight? Thanks.

I'll see what I can find out. But not tonight. :D

How many kids do they have out this year?

Yep I heard from a good source they only had about 15 kids or so out the first few days of practice, and think it was mentioned on here as well. That's not good and not enough if true.

Yep I heard from a good source they only had about 15 kids or so out the first few days of practice, and think it was mentioned on here as well. That's not good and not enough if true.

Heard that for Nelson County HS, but it's the same dilemma for Thomas Nelson, too?!

Heard that for Nelson County HS, but it's the same dilemma for Thomas Nelson, too?!

I don't think that's the case for TNHS. I was on the campus yesterday and it looked like they had more than 30, but I didn't get a good look.

I have a copy of Elizabethtown's schedule sent to me by Coach Mark Brown and I've seen the Central schedule as posted by JCPS.

Both teams show Oct. 20 vs. Thomas Nelson. I'm assuming Central's IS correct -- that should be a district game, no? -- so E'town might be out of luck (and not realize it OR not have someone else lined up yet OR just not have announced the change).

So that schedule I posted above, which came from Thomas Nelson, won't be close to correct.

FWIW, Elizabethtown has a signed contract for a two-year non-district deal with Thomas Nelson.

FOUR (4) teams may have to shift schedules to fix this fiasco:

FRANKFORT:

Aug. 18: Slated to host Thomas Nelson. Now likely to be off.

Oct. 06: Was open. Now likely to host Thomas Nelson.

NELSON COUNTY:

Aug. 18: Was open. Now likely to be playing at Thomas Nelson.

Aug. 25: Was playing at Thomas Nelson. Now likely to be open.

THOMAS NELSON:

Aug. 18: Was playing at Frankfort. Now likely to be hosting Nelson County.

Aug. 25: Was hosting Nelson County. Now likely to be playing at Elizabethtown.

Oct. 06: Was open (with a double-booking, had two bye weeks, including Sep 22). Now likely to play at Frankfort.

Oct. 20: Was double-booked with Louisville Central and Elizabethtown. Central stays, E'town moves.

ELIZABETHTOWN:

Aug. 25: Was open. Now likely to play Thomas Nelson.

Oct. 20: Was playing Thomas Nelson. Now likely to be open.

Here's how Thomas Nelson's schedule SHOULD look after all the changes:

Aug 11: Scrimmage at Marion

Aug 18: HOME (Nelson County)

Aug 25: Away (Elizabethtown)

Sep 01: Away (LaRue County)

Sep 08: HOME (Washington County)

Sep 15: ***OPEN***

Sep 22: Away (Bardstown)

Sep 29: Away (Henry County)

Oct 06: Away (Frankfort)

Oct 13: HOME (Waggener)

Oct 20: HOME (Central)

Oct 27: HOME (Bethlehem)

Thomas Nelson has updated its schedule on Riherd's, shifting E'town to Sept. 15, which is when E'town was slated to play Bardstown.

E'town and Bardstown both have open dates listed now for Oct. 20, so I would expect their game to be moved to then.