Coaching Attire?

I have seen countless travel coaches and some high school coaches wearing hats at their basketball games?

Do you think high schools should have a coaching dress code for all of their staff? I have seen jeans, hoodies, sweatpants and hats?

What are your thoughts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travel coaches are different.....they are weekend warriors. I don't think it is a big deal for them to dress down. Would seem over the top if they dressed up? I think high school coaches should be held to a little higher standard.....not necessarily shirt and tie every night.....but a nice polo and pants should be the norm.

I have seen countless travel coaches and some high school coaches wearing hats at their basketball games?

Do you think high schools should have a coaching dress code for all of their staff? I have seen jeans, hoodies, sweatpants and hats?

What are your thoughts

HS coach should never wear a hat in a regular season game. If we are talking summer then I think it is different.

As far as travel coaches, you never know what they may have on.

Hats worn indoors was once a no-no from an etiquette standpoint. That rule has since gone the way of the carburetor. Still see no need for anyone coaching in a gym to have a hat on during a "game", but okay.

Hate the jeans look. My man, Jim Leon, rocked them for years, but it's a bad look when coaching anything other than bowling.

In actual AAU sanctioned events, they have a dress code, and they enforce it.

My comment on this thread is that if a coach is making it about them by standing out and taking attention away from their kids, then their motives should be questioned. Kinda why I love Bobby Huggins, could care less what he wears, he wants to be comfortable and win.

What are your thoughts

I dont care what they wear ( short of a Speedo maybe) as long as they are teaching the kids the fundamentals of the game and are upstanding people.