2019 Foward Michael Moreno (Scott County)

A rising junior - big summer ahead. He has a very high ceiling - if he keeps improving I wonder if Cal/Pitino would slow play him or pull the trigger.

Some way to go, of course - but interested to see how UK/UL would treat a potential national top 100, in-state player.

Will also be interesting to see where he and Allen stand with regards to ratings after the summer.

I can just see the threads in July speculating about whether he will stay at Scott County.

I can just see the threads in July speculating about whether he will stay at Scott County.

Ha! :lol2: When I was walking out of the 11th Region tournament championship game in March the people in front of me were talking about that exact same thing. Here's hoping Moreno (and all Kentucky kids) remain at their schools in the commonwealth. I'd much rather watch them here than not see them when they are at prep schools.

I like him but at power 5 school? Not sure. He shoots open 3 ok but doesn't create 3's or have a quick release. At 6'6 can he guard in the open floor against the most athletic postion on the floor? Also, his Handle is suspect at that level. His mid range game and rebounding is nice but at 6!6, I see him as a mid 3/4.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...