Bengals Draft Part 2

I'm not sure why the Bengals Draft thread was closed but not the other draft threads of teams.

However to continue discussion. What do you all think of their draft?

In terms of impact players, I think they did a great job getting guys who could make an impact.

The main pick I don't like is the kicker. Could have waited until the 7th round. Plus imo they just drafted Nugent 2.0 Nugent like the guy they drafted was very reliable inside 35 yards before this season. However he not a weapon and hurt the Bengals in the fact the Bengals had to get to the get to the 25 yard line to be really comfortable in kicking a field goal. When in today NFL kickers are making 50 yard kicks much more. Meaning team only have to get to the 33 yard line to be comfortable kicking it, with a good chance to make it. It's only a 8 yard difference. However a 8 yard difference is huge in determining the chances of possibly getting points on the board.

The Bengals talked about getting the next Justin Tucker and instead they settled for Nugent 2.0 imo. That is my main problem with the draft. The rest of the draft I like.

AS with any draft, we won't know much for 3-4 years. They addressed everything except the O-line. I guess they are going to sink or swim with the young tackles. I love their speed additions. I believe they know they have to score to beat the Steelers and eventually the Pats. Gotta put up more than 15.5 points, which was their average in their 9 losses last year. They can't let an injury to AJ make them dimensional.

As far as the kicker. Just make the ones he is supposed to and I am good with. I don't care where they drafted him if he does that.

AS with any draft, we won't know much for 3-4 years. They addressed everything except the O-line. I guess they are going to sink or swim with the young tackles. I love their speed additions. I believe they know they have to score to beat the Steelers and eventually the Pats. Gotta put up more than 15.5 points, which was their average in their 9 losses last year. They can't let an injury to AJ make them dimensional.

As far as the kicker. Just make the ones he is supposed to and I am good with. I don't care where they drafted him if he does that.

Agree 100% on this. If the guys they have can block, the offense could be lethal.

I like the TE they got in the seventh round. He may push Kroft a little. Bengals took him knowing they wouldn't be able to get him as an undrafted FA, he had already had a deal in place with Philly until the Bengals took him.

Pos:

Nice-sized tight end with a developing game. Displays outstanding vision, shows the ability to slide out in pass protection and squares into defenders. Keeps his feet moving, bends his knees and blocks with leverage. Strong at the point and controls defenders. Consistently finds the soft spot in the defense to make himself an available target. Adjusts to the errant throw and extends to make receptions away from his frame. Keeps the play in bounds after the catch and works to pick up positive yardage.

Neg:

Lacks overall quickness and speed in his game. Slow releasing off the line of scrimmage and more of a short-area target.

Jersey numbers have been given out to the new players and draft picks.

kicker Elliot #3

WR Ross #15

RB Mixon #28

RB Wilson #40 I thought he was going to be a DB but they have him listed at RB

LB Evans #50

DE/LB Lawson #58

C Dielman #64

DL Glasgow #67

WR Malone #80 gets Carl Pickens jersey # Vols connection

TE Schreck #86

DE Smith #94 free agent signed from Jacksonville

DE Willis #99

kicker Elliot #3

WR Ross #15

RB Mixon #28

LB Evans #50

DE/LB Lawson #58

C Dielman #64

DL Glasgow #67

TE Schreck #86

DE Willis #99

Thanks for the info but for someone who hates the Bengals you sure show a lot of interest in everything that is Bengals.

Why would they use Wilson as a RB? Need CB help more than a crowded backfield. Maybe Bernard will not be ready by training camp.

I have to think that maybe it was just a mess up, when they put RB. After the draft all the defensive coaches and DB coaches were talking all about what he will bring to the team. Plus typically when a team drafts someone, they say the position they plan on playing the guy at, when they announce that guys name.

Maybe the Bengals changed their minds, but all indications are that maybe it was just a typo, IMO.

I have to think that maybe it was just a mess up, when they put RB. After the draft all the defensive coaches and DB coaches were talking all about what he will bring to the team. Plus typically when a team drafts someone, they say the position they plan on playing the guy at, when they announce that guys name.

Maybe the Bengals changed their minds, but all indications are that maybe it was just a typo, IMO.

I don't think it was a typo. Check out this draft video from the NFL Network. Apparently, he might be a better RB than CB. Regardless, the Bengals want his speed for special teams.

Bengals select Brandon Wilson No. 207 in the 217 NFL Draft

kicker Elliot #3

WR Ross #15

RB Mixon #28

LB Evans #50

DE/LB Lawson #58

C Dielman #64

DL Glasgow #67

TE Schreck #86

DE Willis #99

Why would they use Wilson as a RB? Need CB help more than a crowded backfield. Maybe Bernard will not be ready by training camp.

I don't think it was a typo. Check out this draft video from the NFL Network. Apparently, he might be a better RB than CB. Regardless, the Bengals want his speed for special teams.

Bengals select Brandon Wilson No. 27 in the 217 NFL Draft

The Bengals official roster on Bengals.com now has him listed as a Safety.

• 3 weeks later...