Draft Announcements are getting out of control

The two Eagles players wore me out, both were cheerleaders, one started singing and the other issued a pretty blatant threat to any Cowboy draft announcers to watch what they are doing in Philly when they announce Cowboy draft picks. I am sure that is motivated by all extra blah blah blah from one of the Cowboy announcers yesterday.

The best part is all the Booing of Goodell.

It is getting a little circus like. Maybe that is what the NFL wants but it will slide downhill quickly in the next couple of years at this pace.

Anyone?

I also think the NFL is trying to serve to many commercial interests and it is holding up the natural flow of draft announcements.

If they want us to wait to hear it, they need to release the picks in a timely manner.

Even Rich Eisen was just on the NFL Network complaining about the draft announcements on behalf of numerous people tweeting at him.

And every team had a special announcement until we got to the Bengals where it scrolled across the screen during commercial. I seem to remember the same thing happening at least one of the last two years.

The two Eagles players wore me out, both were cheerleaders, one started singing and the other issued a pretty blatant threat to any Cowboy draft announcers to watch what they are doing in Philly when they announce Cowboy draft picks. I am sure that is motivated by all extra blah blah blah from one of the Cowboy announcers yesterday.

The best part is all the Booing of Goodell.

It is getting a little circus like. Maybe that is what the NFL wants but it will slide downhill quickly in the next couple of years at this pace.

Anyone?

Agreed. Sideshow.

Fogies.

I think that is a compliment in this case.

I wish one of the Networks would offer a hardcore, no nonsense approach to draft coverage that first and foremost includes announcing the pick as soon as it is in and then debating the pros and cons of each pick. Or in simple terms, run all rounds of the draft like the NFL runs and covers round 1 of the NFL Draft.

What I don't want is any system that takes advantage of outlets not reporting the picks live. This includes adding additional commercial interests into show that delay the picks being revealed which is point of the show. Essentially it becomes the commercial tail wagging the draft dog.

The NFL controls the Draft and you will get it in whatever form they deem fit. Just like you will get Thursday night games and Sunday and Monday night games and replays and extra long extra points, and flags for excessive celebration. And you will like it.

I think that is a compliment in this case.

I wish one of the Networks would offer a hardcore, no nonsense approach to draft coverage that first and foremost includes announcing the pick as soon as it is in and then debating the pros and cons of each pick. Or in simple terms, run all rounds of the draft like the NFL runs and covers round 1 of the NFL Draft.

What I don't want is any system that takes advantage of outlets not reporting the picks live. This includes adding additional commercial interests into show that delay the picks being revealed which is point of the show. Essentially it becomes the commercial tail wagging the draft dog.

You do realize why they don't do that, right?