39th District Meeting

On Wednesday (May 3rd) the annual 39th District baseball and softball draw will take place. However there will be a special meeting with Athletic Directors of Augusta, Bracken County, Mason County, and Saint Patrick, and the KHSAA Commissioner Julian Tackett to discuss hosting of 39th District Basketball Tournament.

In case you've been gone here's what happened: At the previous meeting the vote to seed was at a typical 2-2 draw. The motion to then have the Fieldhouse host the district the next four years was at that point passed by a 3-1 vote. Bracken County after the meeting discovered that you need a unanimous vote on any district hosting plans. This invalid 3-1 vote in retaliation to Bracken County's decision to no longer travel to Augusta for games. Bracken has previously offered to split the regional tournament money four ways, and to only seed volleyball, baseball, and softball and leave basketball to the draw.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard St. Pat wasn't going to be competing in the district baseball tournament, how does hat effect how that gets drawn? It'd be awful to see Augusta get a 1st round by just by the luck of the draw.

I also think since Augusta voted to have it at the Fieldhouse then Bracken should get it once of the 4 years, or just give it to Mason permimately and leave it alone. I understand Bracken's reasoning for wanting it, but no sense in bickering over it, I heard a rumor of possible upgrades coming to the Fieldhouse anyway.

I heard St. Pat wasn't going to be competing in the district baseball tournament, how does hat effect how that gets drawn? It'd be awful to see Augusta get a 1st round by just by the luck of the draw.

I also think since Augusta voted to have it at the Fieldhouse then Bracken should get it once of the 4 years, or just give it to Mason permimately and leave it alone. I understand Bracken's reasoning for wanting it, but no sense in bickering over it, I heard a rumor of possible upgrades coming to the Fieldhouse anyway.

Good decision for St. Pat's if this is true. They've had at least one game I've seen on Twitter have only eight players show up to play. I'm sure there have been others as well. Wouldn't be right at all if they won against, say Augusta in the first round then forfeited the championship because of not having enough players. I believe that they would normally seed in a three-team scenario but they can't do that since Augusta doesn't play Bracken or Mason County. Not sure how they'd go about doing it but neither Augusta or St. Pat's deserve to play in the regional tournament. People can harp on Bracken or Mason's records all they want but those two teams, as far as baseball and softball, are in a different world compared to the other two. If Bracken and Mason really wanted to, they could beat either or those teams 40-0.

I think it's also pretty sad seeing a bunch of support for Augusta's baseball team last year on Twitter and on here from their faithful but to only have five fans show up for their game against Campbell County? More worried about shoving it in Bracken County's faces than to support your own school.

I am curious about the reported requirement of a unanimous vote on any district hosting plan. What if everyone digs in their heels and won't change their vote, meaning there will not be a unanimous vote. Do they cancel the district tournament then?

I am curious about the reported requirement of a unanimous vote on any district hosting plan. What if everyone digs in their heels and won't change their vote, meaning there will not be a unanimous vote. Do they cancel the district tournament then?

No, Julian Tackett (KHSAA Commissioner) decides.

Good decision for St. Pat's if this is true. They've had at least one game I've seen on Twitter have only eight players show up to play. I'm sure there have been others as well. Wouldn't be right at all if they won against, say Augusta in the first round then forfeited the championship because of not having enough players. I believe that they would normally seed in a three-team scenario but they can't do that since Augusta doesn't play Bracken or Mason County. Not sure how they'd go about doing it but neither Augusta or St. Pat's deserve to play in the regional tournament. People can harp on Bracken or Mason's records all they want but those two teams, as far as baseball and softball, are in a different world compared to the other two. If Bracken and Mason really wanted to, they could beat either or those teams 40-0.

B) Withdrawal after draw

1) No school which enters a district, region or state tournament (draws for place) shall withdraw from the tournament or forfeit any of its games, but shall play its entire tournament schedule.

2) If a school withdraws from a district, region or state tournament at any time following the draw for district tournament positions or after the pairings have been determined in a seeded district, that school shall be penalized in accordance with Bylaw 27.

Augusta and Saint Patrick played a game on March 25th. I went to the game and the final score was 11-5 Augusta. However the game was reported to riherds as 7-0 which means it was a forfeit. Saint Patrick also has a game vs. Mason County scored as 10-0 when in fact it should be a 7-0 forfeit. It wasn't an actual game.

What upgrades are coming to the Fieldhouse? Bracken County also plans on repainting the floor and adding on to the caferteria for concessions and bathrooms.

What upgrades are coming to the Fieldhouse? Bracken County also plans on repainting the floor and adding on to the caferteria for concessions and bathrooms.

I heard the possibility of replacing the blue bleachers in the lower section. Not sure how true that is or if it will happen, but they definitely need it.

I heard the possibility of replacing the blue bleachers in the lower section. Not sure how true that is or if it will happen, but they definitely need it.

Would be nice if they added back seating in lower,ala Montgomery County.

They are getting me a big lazy boy chair to sit in at the scorers table!!!!!