50/40/90 Club

How many Kentucky high school players out there have hit this mark for the season? 50% or greater fg, 40% or greater 3 pt, 90% or greater ft.

For the 11th Region I believe Jake Duby/Sayre School was the only one (52.8% fg, 44% 3pt, 91% ft). Full disclosure; he is my son and he set that as an individual goal for the season. While discussing it recently we were wondering how many others across the state have reached those numbers.

I can't imagine there are many others, if any. Not many high school players are going to hit 90% of their free throws, much less doing it while also shooting 50% from the field and 40% on 3's.

By the way, I have been a Jake Duby fan for years. My son, also a senior this year, played Sayre annually and I always was impressed with Jake and his game. Does he know what he is going to do next year?

I can't imagine there are many others, if any. Not many high school players are going to hit 90% of their free throws, much less doing it while also shooting 50% from the field and 40% on 3's.

By the way, I have been a Jake Duby fan for years. My son, also a senior this year, played Sayre annually and I always was impressed with Jake and his game. Does he know what he is going to do next year?

He is going to USC. Not playing basketball.

I had the pleasure of watching Jake Duby in Nelson County at their tournament in 2015-16 and he was a complete joy to watch. I can't imagine there are many people who have hit those numbers in the history of high school basketball in KY.

Congrats to Jake and good luck in all of his future endeavors.

• 2 weeks later...
Jake Ohmer was close

52.7% FG

41.6% 3FG

86.0% FT

Just for fun the numbers comparison when they (Duby and Omher) played common opponents (6) looks like the following:

Omher - 24.29 ppg, 46% fg, 44% 3 pt., 95% ft

Duby - 25.33 ppg, 51% fg, 55% 3 pt., 78% ft

Pretty decent numbers for both young men. I had the privilege of watching Omher play a few games and came away very impressed. As for Duby, I never missed a high school game of his and wether they won or lost, I enjoyed every minute of each one.

Totally agree. I was there for every minute of every game my son played in his high school career. He and his teammates had their fair share of both wins and losses, but I couldn't imagine not being there for every one.

I know you mentioned that he was not playing ball at USC, but a certain sniper, former walk on, comes to mind in Cameron Mills. Is it just not an option for Jake to do this, or is his focus just simply no longer on basketball? I'm going to say this also, I bet he could take Johnny David and Cal' s boy 1 on 1 and they are walking on..

I know you mentioned that he was not playing ball at USC, but a certain sniper, former walk on, comes to mind in Cameron Mills. Is it just not an option for Jake to do this, or is his focus just simply no longer on basketball? I'm going to say this also, I bet he could take Johnny David and Cal' s boy 1 on 1 and they are walking on..

He had some options to play but ultimately decided that he was just ready to move on with life and see what else is out there for him. He loves the game and thoroughly enjoyed high school basketball but as he put it, "it's something I do not who I am".