Dale Jr. to retire at the end of the season

littleluck55

Nascar just hasn't been the same since they went away from real cars with real drivers. Heard a comment earlier in the day that most drivers now remind you of frat boys.

Is this the end of the second era of Nascar? Who will carry the flag forward?

Nascar just hasn't been the same since they went away from real cars with real drivers. Heard a comment earlier in the day that most drivers now remind you of frat boys.

To add to that, old NASCAR races have cars that look different. Today the cars are the exact same - I can't tell a Ford from a Chevy from a Toyota.

Happy for him. I'm sure he will stay involved somehow.

Sad to say he was my favorite driver after his dad died. JR sucked at driving.

"Sucked" is probably a little much. He has 26 wins, close to 150 Top 5 finishes and over $96 million in race winnings.

Jr was never going to be Dale, but who was? His career was solid and comparable to a lot of well respected drivers. Had a couple of legit chances at the Cup but came up short. He's not Dale, Jeff or Jimmy but he didn't suck.

Happy for him. I'm sure he will stay involved somehow.

Sad to say he was my favorite driver after his dad died. JR sucked at driving.

He is one of the best restrictor plate drivers that ever raced. I seriously doubt his record 4 consecutive Taladega wins will ever be matched. If he manages to win one of three remaining restrictor plate races he will tie Gordon for most ever.

He is a mediocre short track driver.

He is a solid intermediate track driver.

He is ranked 20th in total wins. Had he raced for Hendricks his entire career, I have to think his numbers would be even better.

I stand by the sucked comment.

He was my favorite driver. But I dont think he could communicate with the crew chief on how to fix the car during the race and adjust it.

He has never actually been close to a Championship.

Had Dale Sr lived maybe he could have taught him more, but it is what it is.

He is rich and I wish I could afford to retire like him.

I stand by the sucked comment.

He was my favorite driver. But I dont think he could communicate with the crew chief on how to fix the car during the race and adjust it.

He has never actually been close to a Championship.

Had Dale Sr lived maybe he could have taught him more, but it is what it is.

He is rich and I wish I could afford to retire like him.

I would love to hear you're definition of decent or good. He finished 3rd in the championship. He is one of the best drivers to never win a championship. He is 20th with most wins in NASCAR and had 2 Xfinity championships. B So, unless you're saying you suck unless you won a NASCAR championship, I disagree with you. And if that's the case, 95% of NASCAR drivers suck.