Why do some people hate wealthy people?

GrantNKY

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Ref(BION). I don't dislike people for being wealthy. I've known people that are very well off financially and as nice as can be. Others have allowed their wealth to pollute them. We all know some who are snobbish, obnoxious, and/or bullies. They generally get low approvals from most.

I agree with Ref(BION). I don't dislike people for being wealthy. I've known people that are very well off financially and as nice as can be. Others have allowed their wealth to pollute them. We all know some who are snobbish, obnoxious, and/or bullies. They generally get low approvals from most.

Money doesn't cause that, there are people that are going to be like regardless how much money they have.

Why do some people care so much about what rich people do with their money? Pay your taxes and I couldn't care less. BTW this tweet is what started this thread.

Twitter

Also: Bernie Sanders owns 3 houses.

I think origin of wealth makes a difference. Entrepreneurs who innovate and provide value to an economy are well deserving of their rewards. Those that acquire wealth through, graft, corruption and long tenures of public (cough!) service can have their wealth viewed with reservation. Those that inherit wealth that they had no part in generating can also have their wealth viewed with reservation.

If I had a ton of money, I wouldn't have to worry about the things I do. My attitude would probably be a lot nicer. I wouldn't give a rat's behind if people outside my circle of family and TRUE friends liked me or not.

If I had a ton of money, I wouldn't have to worry about the things I do. My attitude would probably be a lot nicer. I wouldn't give a rat's behind if people outside my circle of family and TRUE friends liked me or not.
I'm not rich but I have this attitude. I am not in this world to drive anyone's personal happiness.