Where did the Reds get Sebastian Elizalde the Louisville Bats OF?

He's an older Mexican player at Louisville and he is raking right now. Where did he come from? He has only struck out 5 times so far this season, .424 obp and .377 avg. I know it's early but it looks like he hit in the minors, .297 last year at AA with only 61 Ks in over 425 PAs. Looks like he doesn't walk much though. Just wondering where he came from.

25 years old, signed from the Mexican Pacific League in 2013. Been in our lowers since 2014. First year at AAA. Trying to play him combo LF/1B. Slow and not a world-beating power hitter, but a tremendous contact hitter.

He tore up the Mexican Winter League and had a nice run in this years WBC playing for Mexico. He'd be an upgrade over Schebler but then again so would Winker. I'd also rather have him on the bench rather than Alcantara. Hopefully he can get his shot soon.

He tore up the Mexican Winter League and had a nice run in this years WBC playing for Mexico. He'd be an upgrade over Schebler but then again so would Winker. I'd also rather have him on the bench rather than Alcantara. Hopefully he can get his shot soon.

It looks like he is not on the 40 man roster right now so I guess they want to make sure he can continue to hit at a higher level before they add him. Looking at Alcantara he is older as well but hasn't looked very good in his limited time up.