Does anyone do any work around here?

plantmanky

Just found out something at my work and not sure how I feel about it.

Overheard two of the girls in the office talking about a meeting they are having across the hall and how many points it was towards the health insurance thingy. One of them says, " You know if you get to silver status by June 2nd you get an extra PTO day." Say what????????

So what about those employees that are not on the company insurance plan? Well they get nothing, interesting.

Now yes, I am one of the employees not on the company insurance plan (never been on it, never attended any of the meetings about the company insurance) so this peaked my interest. This also goes along with the fact that the company does these little meeting/event things 2-3 times a week, every week, most of them for an hour, that people aren't working doing their job, but they have to go to this stuff to get whatever status level the insurance needs. Heck every Friday they have to log in and take this survey thing that takes a half an hour as part of this. Just seems wrong to me, but maybe its just me.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are saving the company money you should be getting all the maximum benefits they are offering other employees for jumping through their hoops unless you are being compensated for not taking the benefit? And if so, how much are you getting and what is the maximum benefit other employees can receive? Do you have a Union?

Since you are saving the company money you should be getting all the maximum benefits they are offering other employees for jumping through their hoops unless you are being compensated for not taking the benefit? And if so, how much are you getting and what is the maximum benefit other employees can receive? Do you have a Union?

Well now that you say that, the company does match dollar for dollar what you put into the HSA plan thing, and the flexspend thing. Of course I dont do either of those due to not being on the company insurance plan.

Non Union.

Well now that you say that, the company does match dollar for dollar what you put into the HSA plan thing, and the flexspend thing. Of course I dont do either of those due to not being on the company insurance plan.

Non Union.

It might be worth discussing with your Human Resources Manager but you will have to get all the known facts down and have command of them first.

It might be worth discussing with your Human Resources Manager but you will have to get all the known facts down and have command of them first.

They will dress this answer up better than me, but it's an optional program you opted out of so you aren't reaping the benefits. Tough luck is probably what they will say. If you opt out of a 401K program they aren't going to compensate you more in a different way.

They will dress this answer up better than me, but it's an optional program you opted out of so you aren't reaping the benefits. Tough luck is probably what they will say. If you opt out of a 401K program they aren't going to compensate you more in a different way.

Right, but I assume the benefits being handed out are to reduce the companies costs for insurance and if so then @plantmanky should be compensated for what he is saving the company.

This. No one to blame but yourself for missing out on the benefits.

This. No one to blame but yourself for missing out on the benefits.

I get that, and Im not worried about a PTO (I barely can use 75% of the PTO time I get now as it is), my bigger thing is all the time wasted on this crap.

If I'm not mistaken, companies typically get incentives from the insurance providers for the % of eligible employees they have signed up for coverage. So by not participating you're actually hurting the company. That's why they typically try to incentivize employees to participate.

If I'm not mistaken, companies typically get incentives from the insurance providers for the % of eligible employees they have signed up for coverage. So by not participating you're actually hurting the company. That's why they typically try to incentivize employees to participate.

Reasons why I am not on company insurnce.

1. Have had my own individual plan since 2001

2. None of my doctors are covered under the company plan. (thats what I get for working out of state I guess)

3. Company since I worked here has changed insurance carriers every year. Anthem, Humana, Back to Anthem, Back to Humana, Back to Anthem, Now back to Humana.