KY Kids Playing For Indiana Elite

A few players from KY are playing for Indiana Elite's teams.

U17 CJ Fredrick and Jake Walter from CCH

U16 Kyle Rode LCA , Michael Moreno Scott County

U15 Michael Mayer CCH

I can't find it online but I believe Jack Davin and Nick Thelen from CCH are playing on the U15 2nd team. Not sure if there are others.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few players from KY are playing for Indiana Elite's teams.

U17 CJ Fredrick and Jake Walter from CCH

U16 Kyle Rode LCA , Michael Moreno Scott County

U15 Michael Mayer CCH

I can't find it online but I believe Jack Davin and Nick Thelen from CCH are playing on the U15 2nd team. Not sure if there are others.

What's with all the KY kids playing for an Indiana team?

I didn't realize Thelen and Davin were only 15. Glad to see Davin playing again!

Is Romeo Langford on this team?

No, Romeo is the namesake (my understanding) of Team Vision 22 (after Romeo's number, again I am not the source of this information, only a receiver/relay). On that team you have a couple northern Kentucky kids (Dontaie Allen, Adam Kunkel) and some good talent from throughout the rest of Kentucky and Cincinnati. Basically, though, I think it is built to showcase Romeo, and the others are happy to be on the floor in his shadow, hoping to flash something that one of the dozens of recruiters, there to see Romeo, will notice.

No, Romeo is the namesake (my understanding) of Team Vision 22 (after Romeo's number, again I am not the source of this information, only a receiver/relay). On that team you have a couple northern Kentucky kids (Dontaie Allen, Adam Kunkel) and some good talent from throughout the rest of Kentucky and Cincinnati. Basically, though, I think it is built to showcase Romeo, and the others are happy to be on the floor in his shadow, hoping to flash something that one of the dozens of recruiters, there to see Romeo, will notice.

Andrew Taylor of Corbin and Trevon Faulkner of Mercer County are also on this team.

This. If Indiana Elite wants you then you play for them. Period.

Why is this? Why does KY not have a program to compete with this and keep the in state talent in state for AAU ball in stead of going to an out of state program?

Why is this? Why does KY not have a program to compete with this and keep the in state talent in state for AAU ball in stead of going to an out of state program?

Not enough programs playing on the Gold Circuit of the Shoe Team Circuits and a plethora of other reasons. Program reputation goes a long way also. A lot of KY programs are still trying to establish a reputation while teams like Indiana Elite, We All Can Go(WACG) All Stars and Boo Williams already have established reputations.

Not enough programs playing on the Gold Circuit of the Shoe Team Circuits and a plethora of other reasons. Program reputation goes a long way also. A lot of KY programs are still trying to establish a reputation while teams like Indiana Elite, We All Can Go(WACG) All Stars and Boo Williams already have established reputations.

What all of those programs have is strong funding as well. Trust me....the amount of expenses a family pays for their son to play all over the country and in many cases attend with him is significant. Many well funded programs cover every dollar a player incurs and often helps the parents out as well. That is a big reason in addition to the other things you mention, but don't kid yourself that $$$ come into play as it relates to covering travel expenses.

Few if any programs in KY come close to the funding of these out of state programs.

:thumb:

Did Dontaie Allen leave for another team? I didn't see him playing with 22 vision in ATL

He did leave, he only played a little in Dallas on the Gold 17's Vision 22 team. Might have been too much for him. He's now playing with Hoop Dreams 16's Silver team, kinda a step back I think, but he did have like 18pts and 20 Rebounds in his 1st game with them I believe...

Indiana Elite is the cream of the crop in the Midwest. Great organization with super coaching and player development.

Not really the case any more. They haven't had many of the big name kids in Indiana since Zeller and Yogi were in the program. Spiece has become the top dog in the state for the most part because the EYBL is the dominant circuit...