Bath County 2017

Ram

Bath County looks to take a big step forward in 2017 and even more in 2018.

2016 was the 2nd season for coach Johnny Poynter and was a growth year where many sophomores and freshman started and gained valuable varsity experience. The majority of the team falls in the incoming sophomore and junior classes as numbers are very good in those groups. The off season weight program has been the best in memory. The team already seems to have great chemistry as well as you see many of the players hanging together at most activities during and after school and in the community.

The entire team has increased in size, strength, depth, and age. Multiple underclassmen started in 2016 but both sides of the ball will be dominated by juniors (especially) and seniors. The line will have a much needed increase in depth as injuries really took their toll on the young Cats last season. They look to have varsity level linemen at least 2 deep at each position. The same can be said for the skill positions as they will have multiple options available in the backfield and in the receiving corps. Defensively Bath County will always be solid under the direction of Johnny Poynter.

Bath County will be a contender to win both the EKC and their district the next 2 seasons.

2017 schedule

Rowan Co

@ Powell Co

@ Western Hills

@ Estill Co

Pendleton Co*

West Carter*

@Lewis Co*

Fleming Co*

@ Russell*

Nicholas Co

I like them third in their District this year behind a veteran Fleming County and an always solid Russell.

I am going to say 7-3 regular season...

Their First Round playoff game should be winnable as I don't expect Pike Central or Lawrence County to be at their very best.

I've heard about these good, young classes in Owingsville for a couple of years now. I don't know where they'll finish in the district, but I expect to see significant improvement this year.

I really like the Swartz kid. He had a very solid sophomore year in 2016. Lane Rogers looks like a player, too.

I've heard about these good, young classes in Owingsville for a couple of years now. I don't know where they'll finish in the district, but I expect to see significant improvement this year.

I really like the Swartz kid. He had a very solid sophomore year in 2016. Lane Rogers looks like a player, too.

Landon Swartz is, in my opinion, their most dangerous athlete. This kid is a football player. Look forward to seeing him run again this year. Not too much though...

He's tough on Defense too. Tough, physical kid.

Landon Swartz is, in my opinion, their most dangerous athlete. This kid is a football player. Look forward to seeing him run again this year. Not too much though...

He's tough on Defense too. Tough, physical kid.

I like his versatility. Led the team in rushing and receiving last year, I believe.