Cincinnati to host NCAA 1st/2nd Round in 2022

Walter

At US Bank Arena...let's hope they do some upgrades before then. Other sites include:

Portland

Milwaukee

Pittsburgh

Fort Worth

Buffalo

Greenville

San Diego

Don't think UC would be eligible to play there since they are the host school, but I assume X would be.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shocked it was picked. what a dump. At 42 years old, and last major renovation 20 years ago, would it set record for oldest arena to host games?

UD arena hosts the First 4 and was built in either '69 or '70.

Renovations have been in the works for over a year. Not sure how it's progressing but I'd assume the NCAA would've never went for the bid with the arena in its current state. They must expect to move forward and have the renovations complete in time for hosting the tourney games.

Reno renderings can be seen at the following link.

US Bank Arena renovation concept art - Gallery

U.S. Bank Arena - A New Vision

At US Bank Arena...let's hope they do some upgrades before then. Other sites include:

Portland

Milwaukee

Pittsburgh

Fort Worth

Buffalo

Greenville

San Diego

Don't think UC would be eligible to play there since they are the host school, but I assume X would be.

How exactly does that work? Because if it's not the home court for either UC or X, then I don't see how you could exclude one, but allow the other.

How exactly does that work? Because if it's not the home court for either UC or X, then I don't see how you could exclude one, but allow the other.

Each site has a host school whether they play there or not. If you are the host school you can't play NCAA tournament games in that arena. It's why Kentucky played at Yum and Louisville played at Rupp recently, but neither got to play in their home arena.

It depends on how many games a team plays there during the course of the year. If a team plays more than 10% (I think that's the number, so about three games) at a certain venue, they can't play there. UC and X could both play at US Bank.

It depends on how many games a team plays there during the course of the year. If a team plays more than 10% (I think that's the number, so about three games) at a certain venue, they can't play there. UC and X could both play at US Bank.

UC would first have to get a protected seed but even if that happens, I still don't think they could play there.

If you read the NCAA rules, no host institution can play at the host site. There might be ways around that since UC doesn't play any games there but no clue what they are.

Each site has a host school whether they play there or not. If you are the host school you can't play NCAA tournament games in that arena. It's why Kentucky played at Yum and Louisville played at Rupp recently, but neither got to play in their home arena.

Well in those two instances you mentioned, the Yum Center is actually the home court for Louisville, as is Rupp for UK...so, I see allowing them to play on each other's court, but not their own. But, that's not the case here. And why would UC be listed as the host school, instead of X?