NKY "Up and Comers"

We all know about the returning stars from last year. I'd like to hear from fans who the players are that we didn't hear much about about last year but whom you expect to make significant contributions to your team in the Fall 2017 season.

For instance, I went to the Ryle v. Cooper playoff game last year and heard a few names on the loud speaker that I recognized from Pee Wee days. These were players who were sophomores and didn't necessarily start but got playing time. For Cooper I heard Armour and Perry. For Ryle I heard the name Saladin at LB. In the game against Conner, I heard Aiden Camp mentioned. I'd like to know more about these guys and others who will have a more prominent role in 2017 than 2016.

So here's the assignment. Tell us who you expect will step up for your team. What was their class last season (Frosh, Soph, Jr)? What was their role on the team last year? What role do you expect them to play this year?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan Bezold and Mason Dennis both Sophomores in 2016 from Brossart. Nate and Mason was entered into Brossart's starting defense half way through last season. I look for both to be leaders on the defensive side of the ball this year. Also I look for Tyler MacDonald a sophomore in 2016 to lead the Mustang offense at QB this year, he is fun to watch and he gave the fans a little taste when he came in vs Bracken last year and scored 2 rushing TDs.

A few names I expect to hear a lot from this year for Cooper that you didn't hear a ton of last year.

Armour - WR. Started last year as a sophomore and was Cooper's 3rd or 4th leading receiver. He will be the primary guy this year in a young WR core and he should get plenty of touches. Good routes, hard worker, and hands are improving.

Witschey - Was a freshman last year, played QB for the freshman team and Safety. Very athletic, talented football player.

Poage - Freshman last year. Played RB and safety, and should work his way in the RB rotation as a sophomore.

Dalton Taylor - Sophomore last year. Defensive end. Should be a key contributor to Cooper's defense this year.

Great start guys! Keep it coming. Even if your team has been already mentioned you may still chime in and give us insight into the coming season. There may be others on your team who will make contributions that have not yet been mentioned. If you are like me, you're only a parent and don't have a well-rounded perspective on the program so another fan's perspective is helpful.

It'll be fun to watch for these young players this fall and see how they grow into their role and possibly leaders on the team.

Simon Kenton

RB Austin Hammack and Quincy North will be good ones when they get a chance to play both are only going to be Sophomores.

LB's Clay Clogswell Jr., Bryson Pernell Jr. and Caleb Bush will be a So. should be good linebackers.

Jr. Treyvon Nash DL should also be a good one to watch.

Highlands- Brycen Huddleston. If you haven't heard it already. Kid is a beast and has the genetics and work ethic to truly be special. He has played LB and WR in the past, but I think safety might be his best position.

Hopefully he sees the field.

Ryle Sophomores, Juniors, just a few off the top of my head that may or will see Friday Night Lights this year.

Upcoming Sophomores

Elijah Cusick DB- Possible starter, great ball skills, flows around the field very well. Exciting KR also.

Trey Shelton LB -will compete, big strong kid

Kyle England RB -2nd string behind Chisolm, will get carries in the rotation.

Keegan Points dl- may get in the rotation as well.

Cooper White TE- will be competing for playing time.

Upcoming Juniors

Thomas Nokavich LB- head hunter, great motor last year.

I'm sure there is more. Ryle people help me out, feel free to chime in.

Highlands- Brycen Huddleston. If you haven't heard it already. Kid is a beast and has the genetics and work ethic to truly be special. He has played LB and WR in the past, but I think safety might be his best position.

Was his papa on those Duffy lead teams with Gallichio?

Ryle Sophomores, Juniors, just a few off the top of my head that may or will see Friday Night Lights this year.

Upcoming Sophomores

Elijah Cusick DB- Possible starter, great ball skills, flows around the field very well. Exciting KR also.

Trey Shelton LB -will compete, big strong kid

Kyle England RB -2nd string behind Chisolm, will get carries in the rotation.

Keegan Points dl- may get in the rotation as well.

Cooper White TE- will be competing for playing time.

Upcoming Juniors

Thomas Nokavich LB- head hunter, great motor last year.

I'm sure there is more. Ryle people help me out, feel free to chime in.

I remember Novakovich from the Steelers. He was a big kid. What's his approx height and weight now?

I remember Novakovich from the Steelers. He was a big kid. What's his approx height and weight now?

Ryle roster has Novakovich at 6'0" 175 lbs. Believe that was last year's roster. Sure he's bigger now. Ryle will probably have 9 or 10 LB's & DE's fighting for Playing time. The player who played the most was probably Charles Golden (Sr) Very quick, strong, smooth and smart. He can play DE, LB and DB. I'd love to see him at DE.

Ryle roster has Novakovich at 6'0" 175 lbs. Believe that was last year's roster. Sure he's bigger now. Ryle will probably have 9 or 10 LB's & DE's fighting for Playing time. The player who played the most was probably Charles Golden (Sr) Very quick, strong, smooth and smart. He can play DE, LB and DB. I'd love to see him at DE.

Charles has become very strong, worked hard in the weight room. Was a steeler and a charger also in pewee.

I remember Charles from the Steelers. He was an excellent athlete. I didn't think he would get big enough to be a DE. He must have been working hard. He was a terrific person and I am not surprised by his work ethic.

BTW, that Steeler team had incredible talent. We had 4 RBs that would've started for any team that year. The Head Coach wasn't too shabby either!

I remember Charles from the Steelers. He was an excellent athlete. I didn't think he would get big enough to be a DE. He must have been working hard. He was a terrific person and I am not surprised by his work ethic.

BTW, that Steeler team had incredible talent. We had 4 RBs that would've started for any team that year. The Head Coach wasn't too shabby either!

Our family loves Shannon. Great guy great coach.