Open Job: Bracken County

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel sorry for the folks over at Bracken one bit, with the exception of the kids. They had a guy(Kelsch) that gave his heart and soul to Bracken and brought them tons of success only to have a bunch parents allowed to come in and run him out! Hope they get the next coach right! Lets hear some names as the next one to fill the role.

Don't feel sorry for the folks over at Bracken one bit, with the exception of the kids. They had a guy(Kelsch) that gave his heart and soul to Bracken and brought them tons of success only to have a bunch parents allowed to come in and run him out! Hope they get the next coach right! Lets hear some names as the next one to fill the role.

I heard it was admins, not parents that caused his problems. Funny enough, that Admin is in a different district these days.

Coach Kelsch is at Robertson.

It takes/took two to tango.

Bracken had a more than qualified replacement with Coach Bradshaw, but he didn't want to put up with someone's nonsense.

Could have replaced Kelsch and moved on, but......

Coach Kelsch was good but he also had a great run of talent but I give him a lot of credit because he got the most out of that talent. He helped win 3 districts and 2 All 'A' Regions and I know Bracken County wasn't favored in 2 of this districts or 1 of those regions.

I think Bradshaw was an alright coach and looked to have a good game plan for All A and in district.

Coach Ray I think didn't expect varsity basketball to be this intense and being highly critizied every night like all high school coaches are.

For the names I've heard I will not reveal yet just to leave you wondering, and because the job hasn't even been up a day.

I don't know if any "administration" people who made him resign. He said it was due to family obligations and he could not fully dedicate his time. The AD and company has done a great job with the boys basketball, football, and softball coaching hires.

I think this is a desirable postion for Bracken has historically had a good girls basketball program, with being perennial All A contenders and with the down swing of district foe Mason County.