Louisville Cardinals 2017

UK#1fanisback

@Footballforever74 I can’t wait for UofL football season, lol!!!

I just read that Kyle Bolin (back-up QB) will graduate in May and will transfer. Sad Face. I really liked him, hopefully he’ll get to go somewhere where he can play a lot!

What would a good result be for this team? I think they have to go 12-0 to make the Final 4. That means sweeping v. Clemson and @ FSU along with "holding serve" against everyone else they face and should be favored against (although @ UNC may be a coin flip). I don't see that happening, so what is realistic?

OOC is Purdue in Indy, v. Kent St., v. Murray St. and @ UK. There's only downside in that schedule. Losses crush you, close wins are of little value and a convincing victory is just doing what is expected. Additionally, final 4 games consisting of @ Wake, v. UVa, v. Syracuse and @ UK won't help anything.

For me, split with Clemson & FSU, drop only 1 game they shouldn't (hopefully not @ UK), end the season at 10-2 and go to a very nice bowl game would be a great result.

If the OL hasn't improved, LJ will run for his life again and if the depth on the defensive side of things hasn't improved, injuries will likely haunt them late in the season like last year.

Offense should be exciting and skill players will perform if given any semblance of blocking. Petrino will figure out how to score against most opponents.

@ UNC in week 2 could be very important to where this team is gonna end up.

Awful quiet in this thread considering that the Cards return the best player in football.

Probably more interest if the game was seen by more than a handful of people that actually went...not allowing any video or highlights makes it hard to create much interest this time of year. Hard to imagine that the game wasn't televised somewhere.

To answer the question of what a good result would be, this team still doesn't recruit anywhere near the level of FSU or Clemson. Beating them both regularly is never going to happen. Any season with 10 wins is still an outstanding effort for UofL at this stage. My opinion anyway, Heisman winner or not.

To answer the question of what a good result would be, this team still doesn't recruit anywhere near the level of FSU or Clemson. Beating them both regularly is never going to happen. Any season with 10 wins is still an outstanding effort for UofL at this stage. My opinion anyway, Heisman winner or not.

I agree 100%.

@Footballforever74 I can’t wait for UofL football season, lol!!!

I just read that Kyle Bolin (back-up QB) will graduate in May and will transfer. Sad Face. I really liked him, hopefully he’ll get to go somewhere where he can play a lot!

Bolin is transferring to Rutgers.

• 2 months later...