Who wears sunglasses frequently?

BigVMan23

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have worn them when outside in the daylight for the last 28 years without fail.

Previous to that I didn't make much of a conscious effort to do so.

When I was 25 I was weed-wacking and hit a clump of dirt that flew into my eyes and got trapped underneath both of my contact lenses and abraised both of my corneas, and infected both of my eyes, which caused terrible painful burning requiring patches over both eyes for a few days with antibiotic drops for days to ensure that they infection was gone.

Thankfully I healed and did not experience long term damage, but the eye doctor highly recommended that for the strength of my eyes that I should begin to regularly wear sunglasses, and especially in the bright sun, but to also be mindful that even on overcast days the sun can do damage.

During my recovery I absolutely had to wear sunglasses because without them my eyes would burn something fierce. After I healed I continued to wear them without fail from then on.

One downside to always blocking your eyes from sunlight is that your eyes absorb Vitamin D, yet so does your skin.

As long as I can get sufficient Vit D from natural sunlight, diet and supplements, I will do so to avoid losing my eyesight in my senior years.

Because I am diabetic, this is an additional concern regarding eye strength, so I have to always be conscious about protecting them from sun damage as well as excessive sugar levels.

Besides they just make me look so cool. :cool:

I used to wear glasses until LASIK. Now I wear sunglasses only when needed. Having worn glasses for a long time I know how to treat and respect the sunglasses so I have some very nice pairs. I was at Keeneland and found out ray ban aviators are back in style. I got mine back out.