Courier-Journal's All-State basketball teams

I'm biased but if Owsley County junior Macie Gibson's 29 ppg and 16 rpg, playing with three 8th grade starters and won the district tournament, isn't good enough to be on one of the top 3 teams then I don't know what is. I just don't think there's 30 players in the state better than her but I haven't seen everyone across the state play...and my guess is neither has the CJ.

As I said on another thread, too many politics being played into this because I saw many of these players play eachother one on one and there is no way Ciaja Harbison is not a first team player and crazy that Cameron Browning from Male not on first 3 teams or Honorable Mention.

As I said on another thread, too many politics being played into this because I saw many of these players play eachother one on one and there is no way Ciaja Harbison is not a first team player and crazy that Cameron Browning from Male not on first 3 teams or Honorable Mention.

I don't know if coaches vote for 10/15/whatever, but I'm guessing many would debate if Harbison is in the top five in Louisville alone, let alone first team all-state guarantee.

She's very very good, but gets overshadowed, especially by Penn and Duvall and Berger being in the same area.

As far as Browning, I really haven't seen her name that high on many lists (BG Preps, LHL All-State, Bolus). Don't know if AP All-State is out yet, but if she didn't make the CJ one, I doubt she makes AP (since there are more voters in the rest of the state than Louisville).

In the big scheme of things, don't mean jack.

Ask Hollingsworth. He was MVP of Derby Festival and he was rated behind many of his fellow players, if not all of them.

I don't know if coaches vote for 10/15/whatever, but I'm guessing many would debate if Harbison is in the top five in Louisville alone, let alone first team all

You name Penn and Duvall and they are both graduated so list the 5 players better than Harbison on the Louisville/Jefferson County area.

Quite frankly, there are not 5 better than Browning in this area, and I don't need coaches to tell me this. I watch plenty of games and when Harbison tears up the kid who is supposedly so dang good or Browning does the same or whoever, then after awhile it gets to be a joke. There is one kid in this area who everyone has proclaimed to be so incredible, and I have watched her get completely shut down by many players. It makes me laugh.

Neice is a nice player but she was probably the 4th-5th best player on the floor against Sacred Heart in one game.