Courier-Journal's All-State basketball teams

Really really confused by these all-state selections....congrats to all the young men on the list well-deserved. I'm a John Hardin fan and there is no way Mickey Pearson does not make at least honorable mention on this list.

Less than half the coaches in the state turn in ballots. You can usually tell by how many make honorable mention from each region. It's sad.

Less than half the coaches in the state turn in ballots. You can usually tell by how many make honorable mention from each region. It's sad.

I think if you look at most of the Region's that don't have any HM, it's probably because it's top heavy with exceptional players. The 14th has who they should have on their, the 5th does and the 10th does.

The 10th has 3 players and the 14th has 2 on the actual team. If Fitzgerald and Harmon are only HM, then the criteria must be strong.

In essence the rankings are saying Pearson is not in the top 50 players in Kentucky (roughly)....strong criteria or not I think that's an injustice. I don't mean to take away from anyone on this list they all deserve it.... he should have been added....23 pts 9 rebs and 2 blocks per game.

In essence the rankings are saying Pearson is not in the top 50 players in Kentucky (roughly)....strong criteria or not I think that's an injustice. I don't mean to take away from anyone on this list they all deserve it.... he should have been added....23 pts 9 rebs and 2 blocks per game.

The 5th clearly didn't vote well this year. Bardstown should've had about 3 HMs. Bethlehem's Matthew Hagan as well. And Washington Co's DT Yocum.

There were others, but the ones I noted were most nearby to me.

Personally I think it is dumb of the Lexington and Louisville paper to use coaches vote anyways.

KABC should have an all state team of coaches vote but the papers should be their choices not a coaches vote, makes absolutely no sense. Same with pre season. Shouldn't be called the courier journal all state team should be the coaches vote all state team

Personally I think it is dumb of the Lexington and Louisville paper to use coaches vote anyways.

KABC should have an all state team of coaches vote but the papers should be their choices not a coaches vote, makes absolutely no sense. Same with pre season. Shouldn't be called the courier journal all state team should be the coaches vote all state team

The papers allow the coaches to choose the team. That is their choice, but it is still the Courier-Journal All State Team.

The papers allow the coaches to choose the team. That is their choice, but it is still the Courier-Journal All State Team.

Yes but they don't want to take ownership on it cause they makes sure to say this is based on a coaches vote so when someone complains they are quick to say coaches vote