Eli Manning Part of a Rackateering Scheme?

Yikes, this doesn't sound good.

Emails Prove Eli Was in on Giants Memorabilia Scheme

New York Post - Giants quarterback Eli Manning was in on a scheme to sell phony game-worn gear — sending an email asking the team’s equipment manager for “helmets that can pass as game used,” according to blockbuster court papers obtained by The Post.

The legal filing also alleges that Big Blue failed to produce the smoking-gun request — sent from Manning’s old-school AOL account to an official NFL account — even though “they claim to have no document destruction policy.”

But Manning turned over the incriminating email last week in connection with a civil racketeering suit that accuses him, his team and others of conspiring to fleece collectors of authentic athletic uniforms worn on the playing field.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, this doesn't sound good.

Emails Prove Eli Was in on Giants Memorabilia Scheme

New York Post - Giants quarterback Eli Manning was in on a scheme to sell phony game-worn gear — sending an email asking the team’s equipment manager for “helmets that can pass as game used,” according to blockbuster court papers obtained by The Post.

The legal filing also alleges that Big Blue failed to produce the smoking-gun request — sent from Manning’s old-school AOL account to an official NFL account — even though “they claim to have no document destruction policy.”

But Manning turned over the incriminating email last week in connection with a civil racketeering suit that accuses him, his team and others of conspiring to fleece collectors of authentic athletic uniforms worn on the playing field.

Pure greed. How much money does the guy need? If true, I hope he's banned from the NFL for life.

Pure greed. How much money does the guy need? If true, I hope he's banned from the NFL for life.

I saw this yesterday and what was said was he didn't want to give up the real thing and it wasn't the money for him?

If he's guilty he needs to face the music but banned for life seems a bit much.

They have two charges in New York...Scheme to defraud in the second degree, which is a misdemeanor and Scheme to defraud in the first degree, which is a Class E felony. Neither carry any kind of jail time.

I'm assuming it would be one of those charges based on this.

I think that article is a little misleading.

I dont know how the emails they have are considered a "smoking gun". In the emails Eli asks the equipment manager for two helmets that can pass as game used...

Thats it.

That could mean many things. He then tells his agent he will have them the next day.

If that's all they have thats not enough to prove anything imo.

A statement from Giants lawyers said: “The email, taken out of context, was shared with the media by an unscrupulous memorabilia dealer and his counsel who for years has been seeking to leverage a big payday.”

“The email predates any litigation, and there was no legal obligation to store it on the Giants server.

“Eli Manning is well known for his integrity and this is just the latest misguided attempt to defame his character.”

Giants attorneys deny that now-public emails implicate Eli Manning in memorabilia scam | FOX Sports

Eli's rep will take a hit if he did this or not.

If he did it the people deserve to be compensated and I wont be surprised if he gets a suspension out of it.

If the emails ive seen are all they got in Eli i dont think they can prove anything. We will see. It looks like a mess.

I think that article is a little misleading.

I dont know how the emails they have are considered a "smoking gun". In the emails Eli asks the equipment manager for two helmets that can pass as game used...

Thats it.

That could mean many things. He then tells his agent he will have them the next day.

If that's all they have thats not enough to prove anything imo.

I think you're reaching quite a bit here. What other reasons would he need helmets that can be passed as game used. Imo that is pretty cut and clear.

I think Eli simply messed up and probably didn't even think it was a big deal at the time or would ever catch up to him. Just simply admit it and move on. Compensate the people that it effected and move on. This will only become a bigger story the more it goes on.

I think you're reaching quite a bit here. What other reasons would he need helmets that can be passed as game used. Imo that is pretty cut and clear.

I think Eli simply messed up and probably didn't even think it was a big deal at the time or would ever catch up to him. Just simply admit it and move on. Compensate the people that it effected and move on. This will only become a bigger story the more it goes on.

This has been going on since 2011 or 2012.

And I'm not reaching at all, i think that's what theyre doing.

He literally could have meant anything by saying that. I think if he'd said "pass off as" vs "pass as" it would be more damning of an email.

Regardless, I'm not saying he did or did not do it, I'm saying that isn't a smoking gun and i don't think it proves much.