Brewers @ Reds (4/13-4/16)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Reed is where he needs to be for now. Romano is better than Stephenson in my opinion and I like where he is as well. Stephenson has been a let down for me so far

Stephenson looked good last night. He had 4 K's in his 2 scoreless innings of work. He really had them swinging and missing at his changeup.

Why are we wanting to rush guys to the majors so quickly? The Reds are 7-2 as constructed. Romano has thrown a grand total of 13 innings at the AAA level. Mahle struggled at Pensacola last season and has only 12 2/3 innings under his belt there right now.

Let's pump the brakes on these guys for now. Let them learn and make sure they're ready before we consider moving them up.

A guy like Rookie Davis did nothing at the AAA level and he's looked a bit overmatched thus far up here. Whereas Garrett proved himself at that level last year and has transitioned seamlessly to the big league club.

Whole different ballgame pitching at the ML level than at the AA level.

Also, no need to start Romano's clock. They've already got Garrett and Davis in the rotation that are going to have innings limits. No need to rush him up now and not have him available for the end of the season if necessary.

I wondered if they didn't want to start his clock, I think Ramano has a chance to be special for the Reds

100% yes, that's the only reason Arroyo is on this team. He's going to buy a month or two and then probably end up in the bullpen or released.

It's a good problem to have. Lots of young arms ready or close to ready....

At AAA they have:

Adleman (29)

Romano (23)

Jackson Stephens (22)

Lisalverto Bonilla (26)

Pensacola:

Luis Castillo (24)

Tyler Mahle (22)

Ariel Hernandez (25)

Keury Mella (23)

And that's just guys on the 40 man...