Track the Reds prospects

LRCW

I figured we could start a thread to keep track of the Reds top prospects.

Last night Sal Romano pitched 7 scoreless innings, giving up 4 hits, striking out 5 and 0 BB for AAA Louisville.

Tonight Tyler Mahle pitched 7 scoreless innings, giving up only 1 hit, striking out 6 and walking 2 for AA Pensacola.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds' No. 10 prospect Tyler Mahle was perfect for five innings before giving up a single and a pair of walks to begin his sixth inning of work. The right-hander ultimately tossed seven innings of one-hit ball, striking out six and walking two while throwing 55 of 86 pitches for strikes. He's now 2-0 with a 0.71 ERA in two starts (12 2/3 innings) for the Blue Wahoos.

Abreu fans 11, leads top prospect performers | MLB.com

Who's hot on the Reds farm system? | redsminorleagues.com

Sebastian Elizalde | The Louisville Bats outfielder/first baseman is out the an incredible start, which I wrote about yesterday. He’s hitting .457/.474/.686 early on, with four extra-base hits and two walks to go with 16 total hits in 39 plate appearances.

T.J. Friedl | The Dayton outfielder missed the first game of the year. The seven he’s played in since then have been outstanding. He’s hitting .357/.387/.643 with a double, two triples and a home run. He’s also stolen two bases and drawn two walks with just four strikeouts.

Phillip Ervin | Teaming up with Elizalde, Ervin has been a part of a nice outfield in the first week for the Bats. He’s hitting .321/.387/.500 with a home run and two doubles. He’s stolen two bases and drawn three walks.

Cincinnati Reds Minor League Game Review -4/17/17 | redsminorleagues.com

Pensacola won 3-1. Box Score

Devin Mesoraco (rehab) went 0-2 with a run and was hit by two pitches.

Tyler Mahle allowed a run in 5.0 innings with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts.

Ariel Hernandez threw a perfect inning.

Daytona lost 6-4. Box Score

Shed Long went 2-5 with a double.

Nick Senzel went 3-4 with a run and was HBP.

Alfredo Rodriguez went 2-5 with 2 runs and a steal.

Dayton lost 13-9. Box Score

Taylor Trammell went 1-4 with a walk, steal, RBI and a run.

Tyler Stephenson went 2-4 with a double, walk, steal, run and an RBI.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching my guy, Jimmy Herget, quietly work his way up though the system. He spent last season in Daytona and was sent from Spring Ball to Pensacola. To this point in the season, he's 8 of 9 in save opportunities with a 1.80 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, and 19 strike outs.

I'm watching my guy, Jimmy Herget, quietly work his way up though the system. He spent last season in Daytona and was sent from Spring Ball to Pensacola. To this point in the season, he's 8 of 9 in save opportunities with a 1.80 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, and 19 strike outs.

Was talking with a co-worker about him today....I imagine he'll be getting his shot with the big league club sooner rather than later.

Tyler Stephenson, 2015 #11 overall pick, is finally starting to put it together this year...

Hitting .302/.397/.858 with 2 HRs and 17 RBI at Dayton so far....Would be nice if he can stay healthy and have things really start to click offensively.

Isn't he a catcher?

• 3 weeks later...