Blake Tiberi Update (Tim Tebow 1'st HR with 1'st at bat)

Many have heard about Tim Tebow's first at bat this year for the Class A Columbia FireFlies, Mets Affiliate. Something you haven't heard about was the 2 run Homer knocked in Blake Tiberi who led off the inning with a single. That was Blakes first at bat for the season also and for those not familiar with Blake, he is a NKY product who played his HS ball at Holy Cross and then went on to Louisville to play for the highly touted Cardinals last year as a Red Shirt Sophomore. He was drafted in the 3rd round by the Mets last year so this is his first full year in the minors.

Although Tebow got the headlines because of who he is, as Tebow went 1-5 that game, Blake started his professional career this year going 2-3 with a single and RBI double as well as 2 walks.

Blake is currently 2nd on the team in BA with an avg of .667

Yes it's early, but thought I'd give a shout out to a local kid who I know pretty well.

Enjoyed Blake while he was here at UofL. Good ball player.
Got to see him play about a half dozen times last year at Louisville. Love that field. I hated how they got knocked out of their chance to go to Omaha. Louisville has one of the best Baseball coaches int he country.