Any Real Bowyers on BGP?

So a side hobby that I've had for a little while is making bows. I'm at a pre freshmen level, as I've never made a wooden bow that didn't break (more than 10 attempts). It's mostly because I'm impatient as can be and bend it before it's ready.

I have, though, made a decent number of bows out of pvc that perform decently well. Im positive that these bows can take down a deer and I actually spent the past bow season with one. I saw plenty of deer, but none came close enough(15 yards is the absolute max I'd try with one).

Anyways, it's a fun side hobby, even though it drives the wife insane. Anyone else out there making bows?

• 3 months later...

I'm sad to say one of my favs blew up on me today. I had shot it thousands of times. I guess the stress I. The center got the better of it. It was a weird combination of shock and embarrassment because other people we on the range. I was so lucky to come away unhurt.

On a brighter note, my wife gave me the go ahead and I got myself a PSE nighthawk recurve for this upcoming archery season this afternoon!