Wednesday Severe Weather Outlook

nWo

The Storm Prediction Center has most of Kentucky in a category 3 Enhanced Risk Area for strong to severe storms. This area is east of a line from around Owensboro south to just west of Russellville. West of that line the rest of Kentucky is in either a Slight or Marginal Risk area.

Confidence is is increasing tha the environment will become conducive to discrete supercell storm development initially. The expected risks are large hail, damaging winds and a few tornadoes, some of which could be strong and long lived. Eventually the storms may develop into growing line or clusters of storms accompanied by a more substantial risk for damaging wind gusts.

My main areas of concern are in and along the I-65 corridor from Central and Southern Indiana down to about Bowling Green and in the Cincinnati/NKY area. For now these areas seem to have the best chance to see tornadic supercell development. Other parts of Kentucky can see the possibilities of these type of storms to develop so everyone should be weather aware on Wednesday. For now the timing looks to be from around late afternoon into the evening hours. Probably from around the 4-8 pm EDT time period.

I'll probably will go into a Severe Weather Alert later this evening. Check back for updates

KY_swody2.png

precip.gif

ehi.gif

supercell.gif

tor2.gif

Thanks for the info NWO! I appreciate you always keeping us up to date on the weather.

Thanks for the compliments. FYI for everyone. There's a conference call by the NWS-Louisville office at 2:30 EDT. About the possible severe weather on Wednesday I'll try and post the information as soon as I can.