Floyd Central names Kevin Spurlock as their 1st boys hoops coach.

The LOL was for the "buddy system"....Not his coaching record or ability.

I don't have any insight about their hiring process, so I'm honestly curious...do you think there were more qualified or equally qualified candidates who weren't given a fair shot at the job because they were already set on making their 'buddy-hire'?

I don't have any insight about their hiring process, so I'm honestly curious...do you think there were more qualified or equally qualified candidates who weren't given a fair shot at the job because they were already set on making their 'buddy-hire'?

I'm curious to this answer, too. Spurlock seems to be very qualified for this position, which makes any talk of "buddy system" seem like sour grapes.

No sour grapes......If you know you are going to hire your current AD, that has not coached a team in 2 years...then just hire him.....Don't bring in other candidates, build false hope, put them through the interview process...then hire someone that is "in house". No problem with Spurlock being the coach....it is just if you are going to play the "buddy system"....Then just do it! I have to say this for the last time...."time will tell". Let's look back on this conversation next March.

No sour grapes......If you know you are going to hire your current AD, that has not coached a team in 2 years...then just hire him.....Don't bring in other candidates, build false hope, put them through the interview process...then hire someone that is "in house". No problem with Spurlock being the coach....it is just if you are going to play the "buddy system"....Then just do it! I have to say this for the last time...."time will tell". Let's look back on this conversation next March.

Unless I'm mistaken, schools are required to advertise the open position and accept applications if they are submitted. They can't "just hire him".

Unless I'm mistaken, schools are required to advertise the open position and accept applications if they are submitted. They can't "just hire him".

Thats not exactly true. That only applies if they are tagging a teaching poistion with the coaching job. Just a coaching job does not have to be posted.

Thats not exactly true. That only applies if they are tagging a teaching poistion with the coaching job. Just a coaching job does not have to be posted.

Yes it does. All paid positions in public schools must be posted when there is a vacancy. Not everyone has to be interviewed, and only one can be, but it must be posted.

Yes it does. All paid positions in public schools must be posted when there is a vacancy. Not everyone has to be interviewed, and only one can be, but it must be posted.

Not necessarily. You can move people within the system without posting.

If you have no issues with the hire than why should we wait till next March when "time will tell"

Better go get some fresh grapes and move on.

• 2 weeks later...