Open Job: Mercer County

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they can keep Faulkner, they are likely the favorites to win the 12th...or at least near the top.

Have hard time seeing Faulkner leaving now that he is having success in football and according to some is wanting to play football in college over basketball.

Have hard time seeing Faulkner leaving now that he is having success in football and according to some is wanting to play football in college over basketball.

I'm not sure that this is correct. Especially since he is on 22 Vision(Romeo Langford's team....#3 prospect in the 2018 class) this summer. There are a whole lot of people trying to convince Trevon that his future is in football. I wish folks would let him do what he wants to do and go down the path he wants to go down.

I heard just yesterday that they think he's a football player now.

They want him football only so badly over there. And it's not Dave Buchanan driving that car either. I've never heard Coach Buchanan say anything of this nature and that needs to be clear in this discussion.

No one to my knowledge is pushing Trevon to football as opposed to basketball. Because of his motor, talent, and height, he is receiving genuine interest from several schools in football, including Notre Dame & UK. My job is to help him have as many opportunities as possible. It's his life. I support him doing what is best for him and what he wants to do. I enjoy coaching him. He works very hard in practice and is very coachable.

I have no idea where the "football only" stuff is coming from. The first time I have seen or heard that was here. As mentioned here, he is with an elite AAU team this spring. I am happy for him and believe that will open more doors for his future.

My best guess on the reason for the football talk....people are surprised at the level of football interest he is seeing. I am not surprised for the reasons mentioned above.

I've been through this type of thing before with Chris Lofton. Great stuff and a lot of fun.

I wish Coach Young the best and I am confident Coach Smith, our AD, will find a quality coach for our kids and program.

I'm going to go ahead and throw Maze Stallworth's name into the hat.

Is that a serious throw in? I assumed Stallworth was happy at Taylor Co.

I assume there will be a lot of interest, like Wireman said earlier they will

Be the favorite to win the region or 2nd at worst.

Is that a serious throw in? I assumed Stallworth was happy at Taylor Co.

I assume there will be a lot of interest, like Wireman said earlier they will

Be the favorite to win the region or 2nd at worst.

Haha no. I just throw his name into every job because it seems like he always gets mentioned