Henry Clay 2017

Ram

• 1 month later...

Henry Clay will be much improved after rough year last year. Offensive line is key because they have plenty of athletes and speed to compete with anyone. Spring practice revealed much improved offensive line. Will lose some kids to new school but have plenty of talent to replace skill positions.

Henry Clay...they have plenty of athletes and speed to compete with anyone.

I don't mean to be critical, but we hear this every year, and every year they finish with 3-4 (or more) losses, can't beat Scott County, and flame out in the postseason. I'm hoping they make the step forward this year - I want city football to be strong across the board. :thumb:

I don't mean to be critical, but we hear this every year, and every year they finish with 3-4 (or more) losses, can't beat Scott County, and flame out in the postseason. I'm hoping they make the step forward this year - I want city football to be strong across the board. :thumb:

It is not being critical, but rather, a very good question you pose.

I do not have the answer.

Point taken and I agree with your multi year outlook. I was really comparing last year and this upcoming year. Anyone close to the program knew that last year was going to be a struggle and if you heard that HC would be much improved from the 2015 season, I apologize for someone's false reporting. HC dropped non-conference games against Pulaski County, Knox Central, and Campbell County and picked up Johnson Central, Cooper, and Pulaski Southwestern. Still play Ryle at Lexington Catholic Bowl.

Like you, I hope someone in Lexington takes the reigns from Lafayette's success the past couple of years.