Will Brady still be playing in 2023?

Is Brady still playing in 2023?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brady still playing in 2023?

I've always joked that you can't trust a guy that doesn't eat red meat or drink beer. I'm pretty sure that Brady doesn't do either and it may be prolonging his career. Maybe not those two things specifically, but we know he's extremely strict on his diet and probably one of the hardest working QBs in the league.

He said he believes that he can play at a high level for another 6-7 years.

Is he still playing in 2023?

I've always joked that you can't trust a guy that doesn't eat red meat or drink beer. I'm pretty sure that Brady doesn't do either and it may be prolonging his career. Maybe not those two things specifically, but we know he's extremely strict on his diet and probably one of the hardest working QBs in the league.

He said he believes that he can play at a high level for another 6-7 years.

Is he still playing in 2023?

The dude is amazing and people are aging better these days, but it's so hard to believe that he'll be playing when he's closer to 50 than 40.

He defies all odds, though, so I'm not going to be the one to bet against him.

He was a kicker in a different day and age.
He was also a QB and you are correct, in a different day and age when QB's got crushed without flags being thrown. Yes toward the end of his career he was a kicker and only a kicker but he still took the beatings of a QB when he was a QB and still played until he was 48.

He was also a QB and you are correct, in a different day and age when QB's got crushed without flags being thrown. Yes toward the end of his career he was a kicker and only a kicker but he still took the beatings of a QB when he was a QB and still played until he was 48.

No one is saying Brady isn't great. He is.

Plain and simple though. - Time wounds all heals. She is a harsh mistress.

You're comparing apples to oranges by trying to use Balanda as an example.

He started 106 games at QB in the 50/60's. That's the modern equivilent of 6 1/2 seasons.

And yes, they were allowed to hit the QB more back then, but those guys were no where near the incredible athletes that play the game today. Single hits are debilitating with these guys.

Balanda was a kicker only after his 38th birthday, and for a good part of his career he was a kicker and backup QB.

No one is saying Brady isn't great. He is.

Plain and simple though. - Time wounds all heals. She is a harsh mistress.

You're comparing apples to oranges by trying to use Balanda as an example.

He started 106 games at QB in the 50/60's. That's the modern equivilent of 6 1/2 seasons.

And yes, they were allowed to hit the QB more back then, but those guys were no where near the incredible athletes that play the game today. Single hits are debilitating with these guys.

Balanda was a kicker only after his 38th birthday, and for a good part of his career he was a kicker and backup QB.

I was pointing out the fact that it wouldn't be impossible as some make it out to be that Brady could play for another 4-5 years. It's not unheard of.

Here is a partial list of NFL players who played into their 40's including some QB's

Steve Deberg 44 yrs old QB

Warren Moon 44 years old QB

Vinny Testerverde 44 yrs old QB

John Nesser 47 yrs old Guard/Tackle

Doug Flutie 43 yrs Old QB

There are actually 18 QB's who played into their 40's in NFL history and they all had it a lot rougher than today's QB's does. So to think Brady couldn't do it is just silly imo. He's still so healthy, never been injury prone or had major surgeries like Peyton Manning had before his retirement etc. So it isn't unheard of and if he does play into his mid 40's it isn't like a miracle or anything. IT just means he's been able to avoid career ending or risking injury.

The only thing I will add is this. There is a lot of difference in hanging around for a few more years and performing at a high level.

All of those QB's spent their last three years or so as backups.

I think, and really hope, Brady doesn't do that. I think he's the kind of guy that will hang 'em up as opposed to hang around.