2017-18 Duke Roster

All In

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a mock draft today that had Giles going at the end of the lottery. Admittedly, I didn't watch him play this year but I have serious concerns about his health, long-term. For the Dukies on the board (or anyone that watched him regularly), how did he look? At this point, I think he has to go pro. He can't risk another knee injury in college.

Seems that he's a kid whose stock has fallen since his freshman year. I don't know how realistic it was, but some were even saying first round after the run in the tournament he had.

Allen will still get a shot. He has the talent. Just needs to get right.

Edited by THE SHERIFF

They've signed Carter, Trent Jr., and Kevin Knox will commit soon as well. They will be very talented offensively, indifferent defensively, and need to find rebounder(s).

In short - same Duke, different year.

I would have thought they already had the rebounder on the roster in Bolden. What's up with him? He's not going pro.

I would have thought they already had the rebounder on the roster in Bolden. What's up with him? He's not going pro.

Bolden had checked out by year end - no playing time, sitting at the end of the bench. I agree he won't go pro (he will get feedback) - but it's possible he transfers.

We've seen this before with Duke - high profile recruit doesn't play as freshman and threatens to transfer, K reels him back in.

If Bolden stays he will help on the boards - I don't think he will be as effective as Jefferson was this year, and Duke will still struggle rebounding and defending the paint.

Edit: Duke is also in great shape with Duval - they may end up playing a 5 guard line-up.

Bolden had checked out by year end - no playing time, sitting at the end of the bench. I agree he won't go pro (he will get feedback) - but it's possible he transfers.

We've seen this before with Duke - high profile recruit doesn't play as freshman and threatens to transfer, K reels him back in.

If Bolden stays he will help on the boards - I don't think he will be as effective as Jefferson was this year, and Duke will still struggle rebounding and defending the paint.

Edit: Duke is also in great shape with Duval - they may end up playing a 5 guard line-up.

Bolden had the flu and was sitting on the end of the bench because he was sick and wasn't going to play. He had played some of his better ball at the end of the year.

Bolden had the flu and was sitting on the end of the bench because he was sick and wasn't going to play. He had played some of his better ball at the end of the year.

Played well in the ACC tourney

Last I saw:

Allen

Kennard

Giles

Tatum

Expected to leave for the NBA.

Jefferson

Jones

Graduated.

Obi

Jeter

Transferring.

Bolden

Still unknown.

Duke could lose up to 9 people from this season's roster.

Tatum isn't trying out for the NBA at least? Thought he came on strong at the end.

Last I saw:

Allen

Kennard

Giles

Tatum

Jefferson

Jones

Graduated.

Obi

Jeter

Transferring.

Bolden

Still unknown.

That's why I started the thread. They could be completely wiped out short of Frank Jackson at guard, though pretty sure Allen and Kennard will be back. Obi,Jeter and Bolden just don't or didn'tseem to fit in for whatever reason and think all 3 will add to the growing list of K's transfers over the years. I expected a whole lot out of all 3 of those players this year, was they all injured the whole season,doghouse,grades,what? Who are the signed recruits for next season and who are they still looking to add. Jackson started out the season so strong shooting the ball and seemed to digress,similiar to Jones from last season. They need bigs and a true point, have they signed any?

Last I saw:

Allen

Kennard

Giles

Tatum

Jefferson

Jones

Graduated.

Obi

Jeter

Transferring.

Bolden

Still unknown.

I can't see Boldon leaving. He wants to play immediately, I can't imagine him sitting out a season to get his shot.