QB Patrick Towles Pro day

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, he had big hands and a 33" vertical leap. He is quite the athlete. I wonder if it's too late to convert?
He can take some abuse, evidenced by the punishment he took when he scrambled for CATS upon occasion.

He could be a much more productive TE than QB, but I can understand wanting to play QB.
So can Tim Tebow, would have been a terrific TE prospect. I think Terrell Pryor made a good choice and there are others that I think could have made the transition. Too outstanding an athlete not to.

He could be a much more productive TE than QB, but I can understand wanting to play QB.

Me too. Best job in the world is #2 QB. Get a mil or two a year to carry a clip board and hang around forever and have control of your faculties when you retire because you don't get hit that often. Ask Ben Utecht and Gronk about how beat up you get playing TE...PT is probably thinking...ummm...no to that...

I hope he gets drafted or makes a team as a free agent and sticks. However as a qb I just don't see it. You don't see hardly any 50% completion percentage qbs in college make the NFL as a qb. It wasn't like the problem was just playing for UK. His numbers at BC were pretty similar to his UK numbers. So if he struggled with completion percentage in college, I don't see that getting any better in the NFL with even smaller passing windows to throw into.

I hope I am wrong and he proves me wrong. He does have all the attributes in terms of size and stuff people like. Maybe the NFL could get more out of his potential than college teams did. He is a great person and would be amazing to see him make it and stick for awhile.

Me too. Best job in the world is #2 QB. Get a mil or two a year to carry a clip board and hang around forever and have control of your faculties when you retire because you don't get hit that often. Ask Ben Utecht and Gronk about how beat up you get playing TE...PT is probably thinking...ummm...no to that...

Unfortunately the NFL scouts are thinking, "Take it or leave it, Patty Ice."

Except he would have to be a lot better than what he has ever shown to be even a backup QB.