Which players have benefited the most from their Sweet 16 appearances?

The Ohmer to WKU thread had me reminiscing about other Sweet 16 legends of the past. What other players can you think of that left Freedom Hall/Rupp with much larger offers?

Troy McKinley- His '81 performance landed him in Lexington. Anyone know where he was leaning prior?

Paul Andrews- His Shot Heard Around the Bluegrass in '82. Was he WKU before the UK offer?

Richie Farmer- Who was on Richie?

Antwain Barbour- 72 points in two games on Saturday in '00, Wow! Where was he heading?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone can help me, but I'm thinking Richie was headed to LSU before his Kentucky offer came. However, I think Kentucky may have offered before his final appearance in the Sweet 16.

I'm pretty sure it was an SEC school. I thought Tennessee but that's just a guess.

The Ohmer to WKU thread had me reminiscing about other Sweet 16 legends of the past. What other players can you think of that left Freedom Hall/Rupp with much larger offers?

Troy McKinley- His '81 performance landed him in Lexington. Anyone know where he was leaning prior?

Paul Andrews- His Shot Heard Around the Bluegrass in '82. Was he WKU before the UK offer?

Richie Farmer- Who was on Richie?

Antwain Barbour- 72 points in two games on Saturday in '00, Wow! Where was he heading?

Hawkins secured his UK offer as I remember Cal was there to watch him first hand as well as watch Bolden.

Hawkins secured his UK offer as I remember Cal was there to watch him first hand as well as watch Bolden.

Hawkins had offers from WKU and Morehead prior to the tourney. As you stated UK called after the tourney as well as other SEC schools.