Best Fields in KY

Best playing surfaces? Concessions? Aura? Soundtracks?

Henry Co. will always stick out to me, as the coaches and players work tirelessly, or used to anyway, to maintain a terrific venue. I'm also a fan of Walton's old field on campus, as that was the only place I got to take the slow trip around the bases.

Where are some other notable ones around the bluegrass?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it to real grass, the way it should be. Some fields are unbelievable but I like the ones where the players and coaches actually work on the field. Moeller( Cincy ) is great but program does nothing on it.

St Henry used to be great but can't play on it when it has drop of water on it. In NKY Walton and Dixie have nice fields.

Elizabethtown has one of the best without question in my opinion.

Paducah Tilghman also.

Corbin and add Pikeville to that list as well (turfed out where it joins in with their football field).

Campbellsville High School has a great venue as well. Their stadium is old concrete based and good sized. Like Pikeville, their outfield is the football field.

In terms of stadium seating alone; I don't know that there are three out there across the state that are any bigger

Has anyone seen Holmes? Unbelievable since the Reds help pay for building it. Can't imagine many better.

It's real nice if you like turf baseball fields. There are those of us out here who still like real grass and dirt base paths/batter's box/pitcher's mound. That being said, this old dinosaur has never played on a turf field.