Open Job: Nelson County

Even with the split with TNHS, Nelson is still a big school and there is talent walking the halls. They just need to develop it better, and whoever the next coach is would be wise to build from within, from youth on up. I'm intrigued to see who is next for this job.

Never have made the boys state tournament. More unlikely now that Thomas Nelson is pulling some kids that would normally go to Nelson.

NC's best boys' teams coincided with Marion Co. during the Epps/Scott years. Bad timing. I've heard those teams were really good.

Even with the split with TNHS, Nelson is still a big school and there is talent walking the halls. They just need to develop it better, and whoever the next coach is would be wise to build from within, from youth on up. I'm intrigued to see who is next for this job.

Not to be off putting, but...do they? I mean even before the split they were no power house for sure and didn't seem to be consistently good/decent in much in recent memory. I'm not sure how after the split it can do anything but make at best an average situation worse.

I they have talent there as you say walking the halls, why are the kids not playing?

Not to be off putting, but...do they? I mean even before the split they were no power house for sure and didn't seem to be consistently good/decent in much in recent memory. I'm not sure how after the split it can do anything but make at best an average situation worse.

I they have talent there as you say walking the halls, why are the kids not playing?

I don't have those answers.

NC's best boys' teams coincided with Marion Co. during the Epps/Scott years. Bad timing. I've heard those teams were really good.

Same with Green co. Green beat Nelson in regular season but lost in semis to Nelson co. Only game green has won in region since 1980.

Both green and Nelson were legit top 20 teams.

• 1 month later...