Open Job: Nelson County

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. Didn't they just have a great season? Wonder what happened here?

They fired their head coach and assistant coach during the season and replaced them with an interim. The interim (who is a good coach) made it very clear she was only serving out the rest of the season. This opening is just the continuation of all of that.

They fired their head coach and assistant coach during the season and replaced them with an interim. The interim (who is a good coach) made it very clear she was only serving out the rest of the season. This opening is just the continuation of all of that.

Why fire a coach that only had 4 losses at the end of the season, during the middle of it?

Why fire a coach that only had 4 losses at the end of the season, during the middle of it?

Look for the thread, I'm sure you can find it (I don't have a link). I believe the coaches were involved in a post-game altercation of sorts that resulted in their termination.

Technically, they both resigned, but yeah.

• 2 weeks later...
I can say I just submitted my first reference check for this job. I know at least one candidate. :sssh:

I hope whoever it is realizes that all the leftover pieces from this year's state tourney team may or may not be there in August when school starts back up again.

I hope whoever it is realizes that all the leftover pieces from this year's state tourney team may or may not be there in August when school starts back up again.

The person that applied that I know understands its a rebuild. When you win a region and get destroyed in first round of state, the program is not where it needs to be, and that includes if they all that can, will be back. I am not sure this person will even accept the job if offered, BUT was asked to apply.

The person that applied that I know understands its a rebuild. When you win a region and get destroyed in first round of state, the program is not where it needs to be, and that includes if they all that can, will be back. I am not sure this person will even accept the job if offered, BUT was asked to apply.

Asked to apply by whom? The administration? By parents?