Birdsfan We Miss You

Run To State

I never wanted to ask this due to its sensitive nature but with 3 years passed, I hope I can ask now. Was his passing a surprise or did Dave live life as positive as he did even knowing his health condition could end his life as suddenly as it did?

I never wanted to ask this due to its sensitive nature but with 3 years passed, I hope I can ask now. Was his passing a surprise or did Dave live life as positive as he did even knowing his health condition could end his life as suddenly as it did?

He knew with all he'd been through that it would come sooner than he wanted. He would talk with me from time to time about it. Through it all, he was the most positive, strong man I've ever had the privilege and pleasure to be friends with.

I go by his grave every time I am up there. Didn't get up there last year, but I plan on doing so this year. This may sound funny, but I enjoy standing there talking to him. I honestly believe he can here me. Mrs. S and I miss him something awful.

Was very new to bgp and learned about a gathering at hofbrau house...ducked and dived my way thru a busy crowd there! Who was the first to introduce himself and make sure I met other bgpers....BIRDSFAN!!!

I've prayed for those who I know had strong friendships with BF. He was and still is a great spirit in the game of life! I'm thankful for the time in his company...