Aren't we Lucky in Kentucky to have the Sweet 16®

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody got any attendance data? Sure hope the steady decline has reversed.

I would like to see them go back to giving an allotment of tickets to all the schools. This would be bring back the crowds. You may be giving the tickets out for free, but these people are spending money when they get there.

I love the Sweet 16 and will continue to attend as long as I live here.

Being the first time I ever attended after all these years, all I can say is WOW. It truly is something special.

What makes it as special as it is, is where it is played. I don't think it would be quite as special if it was held anywhere else but someplace as historical as Rupp Arena. That is the icing on the cake.

No offense Louisville, but playing at the Yum Center just isn't the same if they ever moved it there. Keep it at Rupp until it no longer stands period.

Being the first time I ever attended after all these years, all I can say is WOW. It truly is something special.

What makes it as special as it is, is where it is played. I don't think it would be quite as special if it was held anywhere else but someplace as historical as Rupp Arena. That is the icing on the cake.

No offense Louisville, but playing at the Yum Center just isn't the same if they ever moved it there. Keep it at Rupp until it no longer stands period.

You say that, but it has nothing to do with the actual building other than the fact UK plays there. Rupp Arena is an old, outdated dump, with rats scurrying around in its bowels that can beat up most UK fans' dogs. Take UK out of the equation and it's just not all that special a place.

You say that, but it has nothing to do with the actual building other than the fact UK plays there. Rupp Arena is an old, outdated dump, with rats scurrying around in its bowels that can beat up most UK fans' dogs. Take UK out of the equation and it's just not all that special a place.

It's the Mecca of College Basketball and has everything to do with UK and their history. Can't help the haters.

If I lived in NC then I would love to have the state tourney at Cameron Indoor.

Its the team that plays there that makes it so special. These kids grow up watching their heros play at Rupp and they want to play where their heros play. So it has everything to do with the building and the team that plays there.

It's the Mecca of College Basketball and has everything to do with UK and their history. Can't help the haters.

If I lived in NC then I would love to have the state tourney at Cameron Indoor.

Its the team that plays there that makes it so special. These kids grow up watching their heros play at Rupp and they want to play where their heros play. So it has everything to do with the building and the team that plays there.

I'll agree with everything except what I bolded. Rupp Arena itself is a dump. It has graphics on its walls like what Cincinnati Gardens has (had?). Instead of spending the gadzillions of dollars they keep doing to renovate it, why not tear it down and start from scratch? UK deserves something nice. Or just build that on-campus arena Rick always begged for.

I do like the new scoreboard, though.

The Sweet 16 is an amazing event and it has very little to do with the venue.

I respectfully disagree. I think the venue only adds to the entire event. I think if you asked the kids who play in it if they'd rather play at Rupp or at Trinity HS, the overwhelming majority would pick Rupp. It adds to the entire tournament.

I'll agree with everything except what I bolded. Rupp Arena itself is a dump. It has graphics on its walls like what Cincinnati Gardens has (had?). Instead of spending the gadzillions of dollars they keep doing to renovate it, why not tear it down and start from scratch? UK deserves something nice. Or just build that on-campus arena Rick always begged for.

I do like the new scoreboard, though.

I see what you're saying.

I'm just too much of a history buff myself.

I wouldnt ever ever want to tear down Wrigley Field or Fenway park but I know others would because they don't like old buildings etc. I'm about the history myself. That's where we differ.