Michigan 73 Louisville 69

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UL lost focus on offense. Michigan figured out the Cards defense. Wagner for Michigan plays like an NBA lottery pick. I hate to say it but I think Pitino got outcoached in this one.

I honestly don't. He decided to sell out on the switches to make sure there weren't any open threes. There were only a couple times they missed on that and they hit on them all. Defensively it was a good game plan and they executed it really well.

Snider going 0-9 from the field is how Louisville lost this one. I don't think it's any more complex than that.

Cards were in cruise control for 3/4ths of the game, making shots and rebounding misses...but it all went away the last 10 minutes. I thought it was wrapped up when I first turned it on after lunch. In the end Cards would have had a chance but Michigan refused to miss a Free Throw.

I honestly don't. He decided to sell out on the switches to make sure there weren't any open threes. There were only a couple times they missed on that and they hit on them all. Defensively it was a good game plan and they executed it really well.

Snider going 0-9 from the field is how Louisville lost this one. I don't think it's any more complex than that.

Yep, that cinched it.

I didn't get to watch, but sounds like Louisville didn't finish the game strong. Sounds all too familiar. They completely lack the killer instinct mentality.

Yep. How many games has Louisville lost this year while having an 8-10 point lead in the second half?

Snider was bad. However, how many three point shots did Michigan even attempt in the second half? Very few that I recall. They got into an offensive groove. They knew exactly what they wanted every time down the floor and knew they would eventually get it. If you are the coach for UL and they are scoring on virtually every possession, do you just hope for the best or do you try something to change things up?

Pitino forcing Snider back into the game reminds me of Coach Cal forcing the Harrisons back into that title game when it was clear the other guards were playing much better.