NCC home field?

All In

Years ago I saw Phase 3 of the NCC master expansion/fundraising plan. Pretty sure it included a field up on the hill. It was a very futuristic plan. @Lawnboy13 are those plans still floating around or has that dream died?

You can't have a baseball field on campus and not have a softball field. Unless someone donates a couple of million dollars to buy some land you will not see any change in where baseball and softball play and that will not be on the Hill.

Years ago I saw Phase 3 of the NCC master expansion/fundraising plan. Pretty sure it included a field up on the hill. It was a very futuristic plan. @Lawnboy13 are those plans still floating around or has that dream died?

Still waiting for that donation for TAC Field. LOL

Still in the works for down the road, before anything happens, first have to figure out the hill erosion issue behind Wendy's and Skyline Chili.

Back in the day that was a GREAT baseball field on the "hill", only grass infield in NKY. Football team took it over to practice on and that was all she wrote. I got out of many classes to work on the field before games, Brother John took pride in that field.

You can't have a baseball field on campus and not have a softball field. Unless someone donates a couple of million dollars to buy some land you will not see any change in where baseball and softball play and that will not be on the Hill.

True, baseball and softball would stay where they are......It would be a football field up on the hill.

Still in the works for down the road, before anything happens, first have to figure out the hill erosion issue behind Wendy's and Skyline Chili.

Back in the day that was a GREAT baseball field on the "hill", only grass infield in NKY. Football team took it over to practice on and that was all she wrote. I got out of many classes to work on the field before games, Brother John took pride in that field.

Windy as hell during baseball season back in my day. And that short right field fence, when NewCath had a power hitting lefty, I walked the guy as long as it didn't hurt me. (I'm pretty sure it was right....or was it left? 71, 72, 73)

Windy as hell during baseball season back in my day. And that short right field fence, when NewCath had a power hitting lefty, I walked the guy as long as it didn't hurt me. (I'm pretty sure it was right....or was it left? 71, 72, 73)

290 left

310 center

350 right-center

307 right......and Wendy's parking lot got a lot of repeat business. LOL

290 left

310 center

350 right-center

307 right......and Wendy's parking lot got a lot of repeat business. LOL

Had my fields mixed. Just felt short as I remember, could be thinking about another. The wind was an issue at times early on. Always liked playing NewCath back then.

So you're saying the field will one day be sitting at the current location of Wendy's and Skyline? lol

We played Elder my senior year with the wind blowing out. They got off the bus and every player was smiling ear-to-ear. That was a cracker box field. Playing 3rd base there took some getting used to. That ball came right out of the big oak behind home plate. I almost got decapitated the first game I played there. Line drive about head height to me and I lost it in that tree and just heard a whizzing sound go by my ear.