The Jake

Jake Ohmer's numbers in the 10th Region Tournament & Sweet 16 (6 games...per The Ledger Independent's Evan Dennison):

* 210 points (35 ppg)

* 63 rebounds (10.5 rpg)

* 70-128 FG's (54%)

* 21-45 3pt FG's (46%)

* 47-53 FT's (88%)

Great work, young man! :thumb:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And huge tip of the cap to PurplePride92 for coining "The Jake." :lol2:

One of my favorite BGP things ever. :lol2::thumb:

I'm telling you, the name Jake should be retired. No one should ever be able to name their kid Jake ever again. Except for The Jake. He needs to name his first born son Jake and then they need to pass it down. They are the only acceptable Jakes from now on. In fact, if I ever meet anyone named Jake, after they introduce them self to me I'm going to let them know that their new name is Fred. Only one Jake. Only one.

The Jake!!!! Those stats are out of this world. I'm so grateful to have been able to watch him play live.

I'm telling you, the name Jake should be retired. No one should ever be able to name their kid Jake ever again. Except for The Jake. He needs to name his first born son Jake and then they need to pass it down. They are the only acceptable Jakes from now on. In fact, if I ever meet anyone named Jake, after they introduce them self to me I'm going to let them know that their new name is Fred. Only one Jake. Only one.

The Jake!!!! Those stats are out of this world. I'm so grateful to have been able to watch him play live.

In 22 years from now I want to see "The Jake Jr" take the court at Rupp in the sweet 16

Or maybe he'll

go by JJ or Duece

Edited by Hellbird

Are we sure he wants to go D1? That may seem like a silly question, but if he's a better baseball player than basketball, is a D1 school going to allow him to do both?

I agree. He may not want to go D1. He may want to go to Cumberland and play immediately.

Here is a player who many of us have watched and been victimized by for the past four years, and even though he has scored 3,000 career points, and scored +30 a game many times, it took playing on the grandest of stages before we could all sit back, at a distance, and marvel at what a talent Jake Ohmer actually is.

There was even heated banter on this site about who the best player is in our region, only to have it spelled out quite clearly to us that he is one of the very, very best in the state.

On Friday in the second game of a session in which the "feature" game had been decided two hours previous, in a second game that was a blow out - a game that would have normally sent the casual majority to the exits at halftime - not a soul left. Everyone stayed and hung on every possession because they knew they were witnessing Greatness and wanted to see what Jake Ohmer would do next.

A tribute to him was that the traffic outside following the twenty-something point game was as though Rupp had just emptied following an overtime thriller.

Maybe that cockeyed 3 that sent the Eagles to Rupp a week and a half ago was meant to be, because without it, Jake Ohmer would have gone quietly into the Maysville night and we ( and the high school basketball fans of the state) would have never have known just what a treat we were in for.

Sine this is a text driven site and I can't hear the pronunciation of PP's "The Jake", I can only hope that it rhymes with - The Ohio State.

He's earned it.

Edited by Mustang

I've been lucky enough to have been able to watch Jake grow up and coach him in two different sports. He's been doing this sort of thing his whole life. His two hit shutout against heavily favored South Warren in the Baseball State Semis two years ago was another huge moment on the big stage. But what he's done over the last two weeks on the court is going to be pretty hard for him or anyone else to ever top.

The stats posted above are mind boggling when you consider that he was also getting everyone's best defensive assignment.....or 2 and sometimes 3. WOW!

I've watched many stellar performances in the sweet 16 over the years and he is certainly up there as one of the best shows

Question that kept popping in my mind though. Of the former U.K. homegrown players where does he rank in performances against them in the sweet 16?