Ashland 2017

Ram

Braxton Ratliff returns as one of the premier, dual threat QBs in EKY. He'll give the Tomcats a chance to win almost every time he straps on his helmet. The Johnson Central game, however, might be the one exception. It's hard to make plays against a JC defense when you're running for your life every snap.

The key to Ashland's success probably lies in the trenches. If they don't improve on the lines, they're likely looking at similar season as last year.

Aroq Colburn is the team's leading returning receiver and second leading returning rusher behind Ratliff. He should factor heavily into Ashland's success.

Issac Caines, Blake Hester, and Bryce Carley are some potential breakout names to look for.

I expect Ashland to be good. But, as ATLCat said, #2 in their district and region is probably the ceiling for this team.

• 3 months later...

Stopped by practice watched them run 40 yard dashes. Colburn is quick but consistently finished 6th or 7th. Ratliff was far and away the fastest kid on the field. Great numbers are out this year but Ashland is pretty small. They will have to use their speed to beat teams.

Don't have a clue on Backup QB. Was only their for about 15-20 minutes

Ok, no problem. Excited so see what this years team can do. JC will always be a stumbling block. I will say that I saw Adkins hudl on his grandfather's facebook. Looks like he's adjusted well.

Ok, no problem. Excited so see what this years team can do. JC will always be a stumbling block. I will say that I saw Adkins hudl on his grandfather's facebook. Looks like he's adjusted well.

Hate to see him leave but got to do what's best for him. Kid to good to be backup and not wanting to play anything but QB left him and his family with little choice. Ratliff certainly isn't going to play backup and could play RB WR but has such a cannon and such a great scrambler I understand the coaches wanting him with the ball in his hands every offensive snap.

Sounds good number wise. I'm sure Ratliff is the fastest, but as well, Hester can give him a run for his money. I'll be out to watch during the next couple of days. With Adkins gone who will back Ratliff up?

Was sitting in the car couldn't tell what kids were beating Colburn but definitely could tell Ratliff was the fastest player on the field no doubt. I'm sure Hester was one of them though.

Hate to see him leave but got to do what's best for him. Kid to good to be backup and not wanting to play anything but QB left him and his family with little choice. Ratliff certainly isn't going to play backup and could play RB WR but has such a cannon and such a great scrambler I understand the coaches wanting him with the ball in his hands every offensive snap.

Can't argue with that. I was impressed at how well he came on throughout the season. Other than the 2 JC games, he was on fire.

Good luck to the Tomcats this season :thumb:, I hope that you guys win em' all ...with the exception your home game on Aug. 25th. of course. Take it easy on your friends down here :sssh: :D. We're going to be inexperienced with some big holes to fill from the past couple of seasons, especially that early. Though I will say that's the only time of the season that I would want to play this game, with the exception of week 1.