Bengals Sign LB Kevin Minter

I just the Bengals have signed him. He is big and fast. I think they will now either release Rey M. Or they will have him go to the Sam backer.

With that said I think we can cross of LB Foster off the list of possible draft picks. Minter is only 26. So I doubt they draft Foster now.

Is this another sign the Bengals are going running back with the first pick?

Not sure Fournette will be there, but if he is, they will look hard, I believe. He is a Marvin type of back (really anyone would want him). There's a reason the Cards didn't keep Minter a 2nd round pick.

Is this another sign the Bengals are going running back with the first pick?

Maybe. I think it's a sign that it definitely will be a skill position though.

If they pick Fournette I hope they go back to more under center stuff with the fullback then. That is what he is best at, rather than starting out going sideways from the gun. Then again if the Bengals went back to more under center with a fullback, Hill would also bet better and wouldn't need to draft a Fournette. Basically I just hope the Bengals start drafting or using players more to their skill set.

Not sure Fournette will be there, but if he is, they will look hard, I believe. He is a Marvin type of back (really anyone would want him). There's a reason the Cards didn't keep Minter a 2nd round pick.

Apparently he did struggle some in run game with people running straight at him in terms of getting off blocks. However the Cardinals ran a 3/4 So he will be more protected from blocks in the 4/3 especially if Billings does well and demands double teams.

He was rated as the 3rd best cover linebacker in the NFL though from the middle backer spot.

It is curious because he was rated as the 25th overall best linebacker in football last year. So production wise he did pretty good. So i was wondering why they let him walk too, unless they are tight against the cap or something.

It is curious because he was rated as the 25th overall best linebacker in football last year. So production wise he did pretty good. So i was wondering why they let him walk too, unless they are tight against the cap or something.

You guys where saying jow great Dansby was last year also how did that work out?

You guys where saying jow great Dansby was last year also how did that work out?

Who said Dansby was great? He was highly regarded in 2014 & 2015 but most Bengals fans recognized that Dansby was not going to be an All Pro, although he was an upgrade over AJ Hawk.

Can we switch this thread back to Kevin Minter?

Yes or No is this a good addition to the Bengals' Defense?

Yes a good Addition. Rey M. Rated 87th in the NFL last year as a LB and Minter rated 25th. That's a pretty good improvement imo.