WR Justin Hunter signs with the Steelers

Sporadic career with occasional stone hands. Nothing more than a competitive body for the slot or #2 spot. It's obvious they have no faith in Coates to be that guy (I agree). And they're hedging their bets with Martavis. To this guys defense, he's had garbage for QBs in his time in the league. And his specialty is the deep ball and there's not many better than Ben at laying one out there. So, I suspect a modest contract with very little guaranteed including a roster spot. But at least that will preclude them from being tempted to draft a WR early unless one of the stars fall. I think you'll see the kid from Penn State drafted in round 3 by the Steelers if he's still available

Sporadic career with occasional stone hands. Nothing more than a competitive body for the slot or #2 spot. It's obvious they have no faith in Coates to be that guy (I agree). And they're hedging their bets with Martavis. To this guys defense, he's had garbage for QBs in his time in the league. And his specialty is the deep ball and there's not many better than Ben at laying one out there. So, I suspect a modest contract with very little guaranteed including a roster spot. But at least that will preclude them from being tempted to draft a WR early unless one of the stars fall. I think you'll see the kid from Penn State drafted in round 3 by the Steelers if he's still available

What is Hunter's NFL resume?

Bounced around some teams Titans, Dolphins, Bills never had a decent qb. And is farely young.

I think he's averaged 17yds per catch, but most of his damage is through the air, not YAC. Competes very well at the ball's peak. And what FF74 said is correct.

Sounds like a solid WR to bring to camp.

Now they need to find a LB for Timmons spot.
Yes and no. I think the Steelers, as well as other teams, are scrapping the traditional run stuffer role. I think you'll see them in sub package football more and more. And the offenses are dictating that. Of course Shazier can cover, but he's not the hammer that Timmons was in that defense, but I think Vince Williams will be that guy. However, you can't rely on him to cover at all. With that said, I think the Steelers might go with an in the box safety type who's aggressive in the run game and able to cover. Not sure Peppers is that guy for them, but Reddick from Temple is in that mold (although designated as a LB) and so is the workout wonder safety from UConn.

Yes and no. I think the Steelers, as well as other teams, are scrapping the traditional run stuffer role. I think you'll see them in sub package football more and more. And the offenses are dictating that. Of course Shazier can cover, but he's not the hammer that Timmons was in that defense, but I think Vince Williams will be that guy. However, you can't rely on him to cover at all. With that said, I think the Steelers might go with an in the box safety type who's aggressive in the run game and able to cover. Not sure Peppers is that guy for them, but Reddick from Temple is in that mold (although designated as a LB) and so is the workout wonder safety from UConn.

Do I hear you calling Mike Mitchell's name!?

Whatever!

How much are the Steelers paying him? And he starts, right?

He's in the 5mil range and currently they have no better options, sadly. However, I hope that is remedied in this draft that is deep at that position. I suspect this could be Mike's last season in Pburgh. I pray.