Sweet 16® Fun Thread - Let's Talk Politics

Just like during football season we can try to discuss some Hot Topics in the world of Politics.

How about:

1. Ashley Judd being an Embarrassment again?

2. NBC Jihad or whatever Fox News was calling it?

3. Russian Interference, how deep does it go?

4. Wiretapping and President Trump.

5. Leaks Leaks and more Leaks in our Intelligence Community.

6. What is on your mind?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, what is going on with NBC? I jumped ship for a solid 6 months after the Brian Williams mess. If NBC did something unethical I am thinking about jumping ship for rest of my life from anything NBC News.

Anyone?

From mountain ref:

Ashley Judds run in with fan at basketball game.

I won't comment but you can read if you want. Not making it a political topic (but we can in this thread if we want) but I didn't know if anyone had seen this as I hadn't until tonight and hadn't seen any coverage of her at game.

Ashley Judd 'Scared' at NCAA Game When Man Said 'We Like Trump' | Fox News Insider

From mountain ref:

I won't comment but you can read if you want. Not making it a political topic (but we can in this thread if we want) but I didn't know if anyone had seen this as I hadn't until tonight and hadn't seen any coverage of her at game.

Ashley Judd 'Scared' at NCAA Game When Man Said 'We Like Trump' | Fox News Insider

I'm really interested to see if Ashley Judd is allowed to keep her season tickets in the student section following this. UK has been pretty clearly aligned with the conservative right as far as donor money is concerned - their premiere athletic dorm is called "The Wildcat Coal Lodge" after all. I think she may be watching games from wherever she can afford tickets after this go-around...and quite frankly, I think she'll be hard pressed to find any groups of liberal-leaning fans in Rupp. The student section was probably her best bet at that.

I'm really interested to see if Ashley Judd is allowed to keep her season tickets in the student section following this. UK has been pretty clearly aligned with the conservative right as far as donor money is concerned - their premiere athletic dorm is called "The Wildcat Coal Lodge" after all. I think she may be watching games from wherever she can afford tickets after this go-around...and quite frankly, I think she'll be hard pressed to find any groups of liberal-leaning fans in Rupp. The student section was probably her best bet at that.

If Ashley wants to use her fame to move a narrative forward that is fine but leave UK Basketball out of it. I hate it!

From mountain ref:

I've never understood the whole "there's someone famous, let's go get their picture" thing, and I'm sure it was uncomfortable for her. If you put yourself out there like she has and generalized people the way she has, I understand why some make not take too kindly to it.

Personally, I wish she'd just go away.

I've never understood the whole "there's someone famous, let's go get their picture" thing, and I'm sure it was uncomfortable for her. If you put yourself out there like she has and generalized people the way she has, I understand why some make not take too kindly to it.

Personally, I wish she'd just go away.

Me too.

From mountain ref:

Was wondering where that thread went. Thought the CIA had got it.

From mountain ref:

I read that when it happened...to be "afraid" because someone said they support Trump is pretty lame if you ask me.

Was wondering where that thread went. Thought the CIA had got it.

She wrote that the man, "with open hostility," turned to walk away and said to her "we like Trump."

Judd said the man's response was part of his silent plan to treat her with "rudeness, aggression and disrespect." He took a picture of her and said we like Trump.How was that agression?

Ashley Judd says she’s “very sad” and “scared”

she wrote a Facebook post about the “uncomfortable and scary” situation Saturday

And IMO she asked for it, I mean what did she expect?

"Who knows, maybe he's already done something undignified with the picture or maybe it was just a pretense so he could say something menacing to me," Judd wrote.

“I could’ve easily retorted to this man, for example, with ‘Well, I know everything I need to know about you now, Sir, you voted with the KKK,’” she said.Why? Did he give her a reason to think that other than being white and liking Trump? Does she think that of all white males who like Trump?

I'd participate in this thread but I'm currently under surveillance - not being "wire tapped" per se but still surveilled. Microwaves may/may not be involved.

Speaking of microwaves, need to go get my burrito.

I'm out.

One Fox News report I saw claimed the "tapping" may have come from British Intelligence. At least that was Fox's narrative until they could put NBC on trial and especially MSNBC on the hook for potential wrongdoing.

One Fox News report I saw claimed the "tapping" may have come from British Intelligence. At least that was Fox's narrative until they could put NBC on trial and especially MSNBC on the hook for potential wrongdoing.

I will be surprised if there turns out to be any intelligence associated with Trump's claims.

Oops - forgot about the surveillance.

You may not be hearing from me for a while...